TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my boy Adam finally brought his Jeep home from Corpus Christi, TX. Seeing that he helped me install my lift he couldn't wait to go wheelin. So we met up, picked up some friends and off to Spring Creek we went. WOW, what a crazy day of wheelin.

I'll let the pictures do the talking but trails that normally take 2-4 hours turned into a full day of 7 hours wheelin action. Some highlights include hooking up with some folks and assisting with the recover of a sunken Jeep. Yeah that's right, off a ledge and straight into the creek. Only been there a few days but man, that must have sucked. After that we proceeded to do some more wheelin when we get a phone call from my friend Jeff who's stuck his monster 4 Runner. Stuck like Chuck in some super soft sand and gravel that was just wanting to keep everything it came in contact with. Not only that but James dug in his Taco trying to help out Jeff :lol:. Made for a fun day, can't wait to go wheelin again!

Ohh yeah, also decided to bust out the laptop and try out my $99 GPS solution to plot our day and it worked like a champ - http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/stereo-electronics/15354-suggest-some-traveling-map-type-software-maybe-gps.html

FOR ALL the pics, follow the link - Some Crazy Wheelin at Spring Creek

Sample Pics:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Who went in the water to attach the jeep to a strap to pull it out?

Crazy stuff man! Looks like ya'll had fun though!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks like a great time was had by all. Way to BREAK in the 4runner there Jeff :D . I have got to make it out there with y'll one of these days.

Matt

·
Registered
764 Posts
so who took the heep?

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
I went to the waters edge and so did one of my buddies. we managed to throw the winch cable out there and then throw a strap to grab the winch cable and pull it back to us.
we pulled the jeep from it's roll bar untill the bumper was out of the water, then moved the winch line to there plus added a second winch line to bring it all the way up the cliff face.

a friend of mine took it home until he can run the vin number. if it comes back reported stolen, then I guess he will taje care of it, so long as it is not sitting at my house

also, if it caomes back stolen, then it was an insurance claim, cause the keys were in it.
also had a box a donuts and about $1 in loose change.

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
the one I have just sits in the window, has a small suction cup to hold it up there, though you can put it near anywhere.
the other gps antenna I have ( That I use for my offshore nav software) has a magnet made into it, so I can put it anywhere there is metal. that antenna was actually cheaper, but for some reason has a conflict with the street software and I have not got it to work yet

·
Registered
67 Posts
i a can pull the DMV report on it here at work with the license plates if you want to check it out without having to call the authorities. i need is the plate number

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
just wanted to let all know, my 4runr is alive.....
changed the oil in the thirds and tcase and tranny, and twice in the engine.
It is back to pre water crossing state.
still smokes from the rings being worn out, but that clear mostly when the engine warms up.
also needs a new battery

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Looks like you had a great time! Thanks for the pics.

·
Happy, Happy, Happy
5,583 Posts
he is awful damn brave just taking it home with it like that. he is now in posession of stolen property (felony). Did no one call the 5-0? he's a braver man than I

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Spacecwboy said:
he is awful damn brave just taking it home with it like that. he is now in posession of stolen property (felony). Did no one call the 5-0? he's a braver man than I
All you need is a sawzall and impact and that thing could be gone :saw:

But yeah he's one brave mofo :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts