Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well she's coming around.

Truck is 2 weeks old. Mods so far:
-Toytec 3" 885 Coil Lift w/AAL
-17X9 4.5BS Centerline Wilderness Series "Eight Ball" Forged Wheels
-285/70/17 BFG AT's
-!MudFlaps
-25% Tint Front Windows
-Weathertech (black) Floor Liners (MUST DO MOD LOVE 'EM)

Future Mods:
-OEM Running Boards (On the way)
-Katzkin Leather Seat Covers w/heat elements
-In Dash DVD
-Bed Cap (Leer or Snugtop)

One quick comment regarding the wheels/tires. The tires have the usual rubbing in the front, I need to trim a little. But is driveable without trimming with the mudflaps off. The Centerlines DID NOT fit without grinding a little on the caliper PAD. The little arm sticking out from the pad was contacting the wheel. I just drove it around a little bit and the grinding is almost gone now. It's made a small groove inside the wheel (maybe 1/16"-1/8") but other than that they fit great. They clear the caliper itself fine, but it's close.

Wheel/Tire Weight for those techies:
-Stock wheel/tire - 60lbs
-Centerline 17X9 w/285 BFG's - 83lbs
-Stock wheel - 23lbs
-Centerline 17X9 - 27lbs
-Moto Metal 951 17X9 - 30lbs
-Stock Tire - 37lbs
-285/70/17 BFG AT - 56lbs

FINALLY PICS!

·
Registered
38 Posts
what do a set of those wheels run, and where did u get? i am in the market for a set now, i was looking @ some procomp forged, but like those. truck looks sweet!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
17's are ideal to me, I don't offroad enough to warrant 15's or 16's (in fact wheeler's is a hip hop and skip away from me) and they have the right aspect ratio to me. 18's are too big.

I called centerline direct and they had them on the shelf for $270ea shipped to your door. Local Les Schwab wanted $370+ and retail is supposedly $400+. I left the centercaps off as I don't like them sticking out 3" (makes the wheel look less aggressive and smaller) but centerline does have lug covers like weld, I will consider them.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
those are some blingin rims, but i like em alot :kewl:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gregers05 said:
those are some blingin rims, but i like em alot :kewl:
I almost went with black wheels as I like the aggressive look. I have some on my 98 camaro. I decided on some blingin' wheels for this ride and thought about the moto metal 951's, but they were too much for me. Chrome just isn't for a truck to me and then the flaking, I don't want to throw them away in a couple years. The centerlines were perfect because they are blinger's, but yet have an aggressive look to them especially without the centercaps. Atleast thats my perspective, the one that counts.

thx for the compliments everyone!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Good Looking Truck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dlarrivee said:
Did you get 285/70/17 spare?
NO
A. Is it necessary or can I limp home on the stocker?
B. Will it fit where the spare belongs?
C. Easier to carry fix a flat?

foofighter: I had an 05, so I knew what I wanted to do before I got the truck. I love doing the mods, gotta set it apart from the rest. My dealer also doesn't seem to care with the warranty and all, but then again it hasn't been tested.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Nice truck...same color as mine :D
If you go with the Leer Cap, make sure they seal it well. I was kind of PO'ed because they silocone the crap out of mine and it still leaked..and is gonna make it a pain when I go to take it off. Other than that the Leer cap is nice.

If you wanna save a few hundred, Raider (raider.ca in canada) makes a nice cap too.. I would have gone with that over the Leer but needed one quick...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts