TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally decided on this hitch and installed it by myself in an hr or so. I used 2 straps to hold up the hitch itself when it came to bolt it down. Hope this helps some of you. Tucked away where you can't even see it.....just as much if not more than the factory hitches.

·
Registered
279 Posts
For everyone's info....uhaul also sells this hitch with there name on it. Great idea using the straps.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crap I should have listed that.....I got this at etrailer.com for $144 and then got a $13 lock for it to put it over $150 to get the .99 shipping. Thats the cheapest I have seen and it was sitting on my door step.....no drivng :) I was happy about that. I went to UHAUL and they wanted $165 without tax for the exact same hitch......with their sticker on it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Crap I should have listed that.....I got this at etrailer.com for $144 and then got a $13 lock for it to put it over $150 to get the .99 shipping. Thats the cheapest I have seen and it was sitting on my door step.....no drivng :) I was happy about that. I went to UHAUL and they wanted $165 without tax for the exact same hitch......with their sticker on it.
I remember....i think i told u about etrailer.com in the old thread you started ;) :) . Good choice....got it on my truck as well. Only problem i had was when i had custom exhaust the had to trim the right side vertical part that connects to the frame to make it fit.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
taco and bike...

JEALOUS

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats all I can fit in my apartment garage haha. Had to leave 4-wheeler at parents house :mad: . I was going to do a trackday this weekend but that freakin line of rain is going over right when I would be on the track :banghead:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is about a foot and a half on the other side. Its tight but I am only 5'8" 145lbs so I fit quite easily. Normally I don't pull that far over but when I know I will be riding my bike for the next 3-4 days I just pull it over as far as possible to make it easier getting the bike out. It's an apartment garage so I gotta make the most of it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think it said 70lbs....can't remember. I know I got all bolts loose very easily to begin with. I didn't even need a breaker bar....just a little torque and they came right off. I was surprised.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
This is tech?

Hi, I ran some bolts up and put a chunk of metal on my frame under my bumper. Yay.

I mean I'm sure this will come in handy for you, but this is just some everyday BS. I put a camper on my shit, but I didn't tell everyone how I did it like it was special or something.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Ive got the same hitch, seems strong and tucks up behind the bumper nicely. I also have a r6 only older, 03.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is tech?

Hi, I ran some bolts up and put a chunk of metal on my frame under my bumper. Yay.

I mean I'm sure this will come in handy for you, but this is just some everyday BS. I put a camper on my shit, but I didn't tell everyone how I did it like it was special or something.

Jeeze...I just did it so everybody that was asking about this particular hitch could see it..if is in the wrong section move it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts