TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm getting this fond spot for long travel Toyota Tundras, especially the newest ones. Does anyone have a link to a thread started already or heck post some dam pictures!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
BLACKHAWK250

why so much hate for beams?
he probably thinks that because they are always used on fords there no good, but done well they perform amazingly and obviously are capable on ALOT of travel

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
BLACKHAWK250

why so much hate for beams?
1. travels not nearly as clean and even, good chance of landing with tires in and blowing a beed 2. much harder to run a secondary shock if at all possible on the specific kit/ type of beam 3. almost always positive alignment so itll tear ur tires up, as the suspension cycles the cambur changes drastically. 4 they lean like crazy turning or around corners. 5. pron to more and lots of bumpsteer

why convert to an older and foreign suspension (Dirty hooker travel) set up on a truck that already comes with a bulletproof center mounted set up that can easily have long travel? Yes beams work and i see doing it on the older rangers but i dont understand on a new toyota. There's reason's why Ford stopped using ibeams on there trucks almost a decade ago haha. There is a reason why there is no Trophy Trucks, Pro 2's and Pro 4's or class 1's running beams or ttb.

I mean ibeams are lots of fun and there cheap as hell with lots of travel. I have alot of friends with ibeamed, but Toyota's come with a badass designed and engineered arm suspension. might as roll with what toyota's were blessed with ha. its ur truck tho do what u want. I will say ibeams are cheap and u get lot out of what u pay though

·
Registered
285 Posts
1. travels not nearly as clean and even, good chance of landing with tires in and blowing a beed 2. much harder to run a secondary shock if at all possible on the specific kit/ type of beam 3. almost always positive alignment so itll tear ur tires up, as the suspension cycles the cambur changes drastically. 4 they lean like crazy turning or around corners. 5. pron to more bumpsteer

why convert to an older and foreign suspension (Dirty hooker travel) set up on a truck that already comes with a bulletproof arm set up that can easily have long travel? Yes beams work and i see doing it on the older rangers but i dont understand on a new toyota. There's reason's why Ford stopped using ibeams on there trucks almost a decade ago haha. There is a reason why there is no Trophy Trucks, Pro 2's and Pro 4's running I beams or ttb.

I mean ibeams are lots of fun and there cheap as hell with lots of travel. I have alot of friends with ibeamed, but Toyota's come with a badass designed and engineered arm suspension. might as roll with what toyota's were blessed with ha. its ur truck tho do what u want. I will say ibeams are cheap and u get lot out of what u pay though
Jono Libby disagrees.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Dan Vance agree's tho hahah
Willing to bet Vance doesn't bash Jono's truck nearly as much as you just did.

Point being, there is more than one way to skin this cat. Replying to Jono's truck as a "fail" becuase it has beams is ridiculous. That set up on his truck has proven itself time and time again.

I personally wouldn't beam my truck but it doesn't make sense to imply that it's dumb when it's proven itself time and time again in the desert.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
J Prich;2154528 Point being said:
We all know his truck is great and is exceptional. As far as a simple bolt on application like most people arms is the way. not trying to bash his truck as we all know its a beast. but it took so much work to make it that way and its not really comparable to most standard trucks

·
Registered
285 Posts
We all know his truck is great and is exceptional. As far as a simple bolt on application like most people arms is the way. not trying to bash his truck as we all know its a beast. but it took so much work to make it that way and its not really comparable to most standard trucks
Got it. I just took your post to be implied as more than your personal opinion. To be honest I don't agree that "arms are better than beams" is a fact. Both certianly have their costs and benefits. If beams were as terrible as you've implied, I doubt you'd see them cleaning up in the desert. In virtually every mini truck class in just about every series, the fact is beams are still the majority.

Either way, it's not really a big deal. Its like arguing about whether Camburg is better than TC or Kings better than Fox's, etc. The bottom line is whatever fits your budget and works best for you is the way to go.

There is no "right" way.

P.S., Dan has every bit as much time and work in to Kung Fu as Jono has in to that Tundra. Don't pretend for a second that Vance's truck is some kind of bolt on, off the shelf winner! It might have a decent amount of off the shelf parts, but that truck is a labor of love shepperded by one of the most committed and talented dudes in the sport.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts