TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello there, I hope this works, i added pictures of betty and I know she has no mods, but i think she's pretty!

Any suggestions what she needs first would be great.
Franchesca

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
maybe some armor i.e sliders and bumpers. then an OME lift and maybe 32"-33" tires…the list goes on forever from there!

:xofftopic
did you intend to include all your personal pictures for public consumption? To me that is a bit "risky" but that is just my opinion. But the truck does look good. I can barely remember what my truck looked like stock.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the info. My friend made it on his computer and can't take them off here. Sorry about that...I will have to have him fix that.
:eek:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Don’t be sorry. You haven’t done anything wrong to anyone around here.

But Bear brings up a good point. There are lots of sick weird people out there.

We just took some pictures of our 5-week old girl. The wife wanted her naked for the shots. No big deal, I thought. We sent my father-in-law a CD of the pics. He got very paranoid about us posting any pics of her on our snapfish account the showed anything below the waist.

You don’t think about it because you see it 8 times a day and it is generally covered with poop. But there are some sick f*$ks out there who have a different outlook on the situation.

Kind of scary. Makes you mad that we live in a society where this has to enter your thoughts.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Don’t be sorry. You haven’t done anything wrong to anyone around here.

But Bear brings up a good point. There are lots of sick weird people out there.

We just took some pictures of our 5-week old girl. The wife wanted her naked for the shots. No big deal, I thought. We sent my father-in-law a CD of the pics. He got very paranoid about us posting any pics of her on our snapfish account the showed anything below the waist.

You don’t think about it because you see it 8 times a day and it is generally covered with poop. But there are some sick f*$ks out there who have a different outlook on the situation.

Kind of scary. Makes you mad that we live in a society where this has to enter your thoughts.
ab-so-frecken-lut-ly and i am putting one of those sick f$%ks in the brig this week

·
Registered
130 Posts
The old rumor used to be that the guys who carried through on that sort of thing didn't last more than a day in prison.

Of course, that was pre-internet days. Since I didn't read it on the internet, I don't know if it really true or not.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Like it was said, nothing to be sorry about. I was just trying to look out for you and your daughter! As JMac said, you can't be too careful these days!

Unforunately it is a sick world out there theses days! I worry about my three kids hourly, no basically every second of the day…and they are smart kids!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Sweet truck, momma!

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Well, this thread has gone to shit.
why? you forget to light a match before you closed the door? If you don't like the smell stay out of the area:D

how do you propose to get it back on track to meet your standards?

Momma, nice truck, take the few suggestions you have gottenon the truck so far and go have some fun! Just remember, you can still have fun in it, even it is a prerunner! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
how do you propose to get it back on track to meet your standards?

Momma, nice truck, take the few suggestions you have gottenon the truck so far and go have some fun! Just remember, you can still have fun in it, even it is a prerunner! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
That's a good start!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys! I truly appriecate you concerns and good looking out!
:)
Respectfully,
Franchesca
So sliders and bumpers huh? any suggestions on getting a good paticular brand, i have been looking the forums and still a little confused..

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,421 Posts
Truck looks nice. Your up in Norcal right? If your gonna hit the trails with the Norcal crew, definately hit up the folks at www.bentup.com. They are top notch when it comes to rock armor and body protection for Tacomas.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Thanks guys! I truly appriecate you concerns and good looking out!
:)
Respectfully,
Franchesca
So sliders and bumpers huh? any suggestions on getting a good paticular brand, i have been looking the forums and still a little confused..
Keep reading... the confusion (and entertainment... :D ) will only get worse!

sliders come in a few different visual and structural styles...

you got yer round tube sliders... made out of -you guessed it- round tube

...you got yer Square tube sliders... you do the math there..

then you got your Hybrid... which is usually a round outer tube with square inner pieces... check out the various pic's on the site... all different styles.

Mounting brings two options: Bolt-On and Weld-On. There's a guy around here called 'The Dick' and he'll prove to you that bolt-on mounting is both stronger and better... the rest of us weld them on anyways ;)

There's several awesome sponsors on TTORA, Demello Off-Road, All-Pro Off-Road, Trail-Gear, and several do-it-yourself pre-cut kits... if you can weld, this will make it faster!.. Me, I had my square tube slider's fabbed and welded on by Bentup.com prices from mid $200's to $400-ish.

Folks around here are pretty helpful if not self-entertaining at times, look around, ask questions, have fun! also check out www.norcalttora.com for the local's wheeling calendar and photo's of trail runs.

What are your ideas for your truck... What type of wheeling you gonna be doing?

Welcome to TTORA!

-Mark

P.S. Cute kid, nice boat, cool gun!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hahaahahahhaha!

:) I KNOW HUH!! I can't seem to run from it! And as a smart girl, I will tell you that i know better than to think i can with you big dogs with the 4x4! But i plan on taking her on the bunny trails and just get getting a feel from there!!:p
So, if can hook with some groups that know where those trails are ( hint hint) i would be more than happy to find out what Betty can do!
But really though, I want to do alot more than run to the mall, if you know what i mean!

;)

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
You're on the Munro? What's your Rate? I'm an OS and Rescue Swimmer in the Navy. I've done ops with the Munro, and one of my uncles was a CWO on the Munro (when your ship was staioned in San Diego).

Nice truck! - like a bare canvas. Don't think you can't hang with the 4WD boys - You can, as long as you have a brain in your head, and a little bit of "balls". If you have the "RR Diff Lock" you can go far, and have lots of fun! You'll just need a strap every once in a while, but hey - it happens to everyone!

If you don't have the rear e-locker, you should explore that as an upgrade. Other than that - a mild suspension lift, agressive tires, and a little armor.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
You're on the Munro? What's your Rate? I'm an OS and Rescue Swimmer in the Navy. I've done ops with the Munro, and one of my uncles was a CWO on the Munro (when your ship was staioned in San Diego).

Nice truck! - like a bare canvas. Don't think you can't hang with the 4WD boys - You can, as long as you have a brain in your head, and a little bit of "balls". If you have the "RR Diff Lock" you can go far, and have lots of fun! You'll just need a strap every once in a while, but hey - it happens to everyone!

If you don't have the rear e-locker, you should explore that as an upgrade. Other than that - a mild suspension lift, agressive tires, and a little armor.
...from the man converting his Pre-Runner to a 4x4! LOL! ...But very valid info nontheless!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Yes I was on the Munro, that ship took me around the world. I am a Gunnersmate First Class, about to sit for the GMC service wide next month. If i make it (cross your fingers) I will be the first GMC Female in the history of the Coast Guard. I was on there June03-06.
I really do love all the help that your giving me Gents. I am learning! So expect mods soon!
Thanks!
Franchesca

1 - 20 of 25 Posts