TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have my carpet out and gonna herculine the cab. And Im wondering what u did about the wires and the stuff that they already have down to keep the heat out(factory stuff) did you keep it or scrape all of it off. Its a reg. cab thanks. Does anyone have pictures.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
sounds like you are going to Hercu-line your cab, not line-X...

·
Registered
54 Posts
i don't recommend herculiner, b/c you get what you pay for..seriously...it will chip, flake, and bubble under heat, i don't care what the package says....if you wanna go that route, have it sprayed line-X....its the best way to do it, but if you decide to herculine instead, i recommend sanding anything you put it on and throughly cleaning it with something like acetone otherwise your gonna have a good time trying to get that shit to stick

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does anyone have pictures of what they did. Ill call line x tomorrow and get a quote.

·
Registered
54 Posts
are you wanting it inside the cab or on the outside?

·
Registered
0 Posts
I herculined my bed...and if I could go back in time I would have gone with Line-X instead.

Although I DID properly apply it (and thats the hardest part...sand WELL and CLEAN better), It has not flaked at all...in the bed that is. I also coated my sliders and rear bumper, but that did flake and peel...I would assume because of the direct sunlight; I have a camper-shell on the bed, so that is not taking a beating like the exterior stuff does. I also did not put as much prep in the exterior stuff, cause I knew I would be touching it up. That may also have been a cause of the peeling, but who knows...

I have since stripped most of the visial remnents of the Herculiner from the sliders and bumper, but I still have that crap on my bed. I just dont like the rough feel; as compared to the relatively smoother Line-X feel.

Like the Toyotaman said, you get what you pay for...but to each is own.

Pics dont really do it justice either, you need to actually feel and see the difference...I am sure after doing such you will be getting Line-X...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
inside the cab not the bed. Want to see what u did with the wires on the floor and the heat liner.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does anyone have pics of what they did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts