TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I finally ordere my install kits for my new gears. I know i need a 27 spline pinion flange to replace my current one. Can I just get a flange from a tacoma with a non-trd rear? Or do I need to custom route. Marlin makes one that looks like it would work.

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
joeylead said:
OK, so I finally ordere my install kits for my new gears. I know i need a 27 spline pinion flange to replace my current one. Can I just get a flange from a tacoma with a non-trd rear? Or do I need to custom route. Marlin makes one that looks like it would work.
Did you call marlin? Marlin knows about the 30 spline TRD problem so they will know what you are talking about.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ptrautne said:
Did you call marlin? Marlin knows about the 30 spline TRD problem so they will know what you are talking about.

I havent called them yet, but I am going to call tomorrow.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My non trd V6 Flange slid right on my newly regeared Elec. locker pinion. Was 30 spline with original gears. Yukon gears were 27 spline. My orig non trd flange worked perfectly.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I just ran over to the dealership and ordered the yolk from a 2000 Tacoma and it worked just fine. The bolt pattern is unchanged so it'll bolt right up. I don't know how much one custom made would cost, but if you order one from Chris over at TRDparts4u.com he'll hook you up with a good price.

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
joeylead said:
I am going to see gow much just buying a non elec flange would cost from trdparts4u would be. If it is more I will get one from allpro. Thanks guys!
I got a price for like 45 dollars from chris

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Is this a problem only in these later models. I have a 99 TRD and am looking at gears now. I am going with 4.88 Precision Gears. I hope this isn't a problem.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Cool, thanks guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts