TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what is the spline count on the rear pinion for a Trd V6 Auto tranny? And I am referring to the splnes jut under the threaded portion. I want to make sure I got the right pinion with ,y gears. I have heard it is 30, but my pinion has 27 splines.

I am asking because another member bought the gears I have, went to have them installed only for the shop to realize the problem after installing everything. It caused him to have to pay extra labor charges. he may chime in to tell his entire story. It really sucked.

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
joeylead said:
what is the spline count on the rear pinion for a Trd V6 Auto tranny? And I am referring to the splnes jut under the threaded portion. I want to make sure I got the right pinion with ,y gears. I have heard it is 30, but my pinion has 27 splines.
I have 2 TRD e-locker thirds that have the 30 spline pinion. The gears that you will get will be 27. I needed to buy a new yoke to get my gears done.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ptrautne said:
I have 2 TRD e-locker thirds that have the 30 spline pinion. The gears that you will get will be 27. I needed to buy a new yoke to get my gears done.

Where did you get the new yoke from? I am curious as now I will have to get one also.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
joeylead said:
So the flange is a 27 spline flange and has the correct bolt pattern?
The one that I got had the wrong pattern, so I had to drill it similar to the marlin flange. I think that if you get the marlin you should have no problem but you should call to double check. I believe that mine came off a standard cab, so it had the different pattern then what I need for the extra cab drive shaft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts