TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dumb ass brother put in a new headunit into my truck and now everytime I turn off the truck it doesn't save anything my presets, my audio controls nothing. He said he had to run it as an acces. and now I hate turning off my truck. How can i fix this? Also when I listen to anything on the headunit it has a constant clicking in the background of whatever I'm listening to. I don't know what the hell that is either.

·
Registered
324 Posts
did he hard wire it or use a plug? it sounds like he wired up the power wrong.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To tell you the truth I don't know. I'm going to try to look at it tomorrow but honestly have no idea at what I'm looking at. I thought it may just be a simple misplacement of a wire or two but I really have no idea.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yea, it sounds wired wrong. There is a red, yellow, and black wires that provide power to most aftermarket decks. Black is obviously ground, red is switched power, or accesory power, and yellow is hot all of the time (even when the truck is turned off). Sounds like this wire is not hooked up correctly. Your best bet is to go to Wal-Mart and get a 10dollar adapter that can be hooked up to your deck, and plugs into the factory wire harness.

Mike

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
He wired both the switched / constant power to switched.

So when the truck shuts down the constant wire has no power.......therefore losing presets / clock settings / audio settings.

Simple fix. Red is switched power.......move it to a switched power source.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts