TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
AggieTaco said:
They're tube/pipe end caps, what the hell do you need to know?
pipe is sized differently than tube. the o.d for 1 1/2" pipe is about 1.9" you could probably get away with a 2" cap and very little trimming. tube is always refered to by o.d so its easy

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
We might happen to use A&A for our caps and they are most likely a very good company to deal with, always getting stuff out the door right away. ;)

The caps are cut to the OD measurement given, not measured specifically for tube or pipe, so buy what will fit your application. For pipe you might try to get the 1.5 and fit it inside the tube. I personally don't do that because it's too difficult to hold something straight inside a tube. Magnets work for that.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Why not just get weld caps if you are indeed using pipe instead of tube?
Well, obviously it would be more expensive, but a real welded cap instead of something "ornamental".

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
I've used those caps before on my pipe sliders and bumpers. What do you need to know?

Edit: My bumpers and sliders are 1.5" pipe and they fit fine...

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do they fit in there or do you need to trim them down alot? did you go with 1.5 or the 2inch ones?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
thehackman15 said:
do they fit in there or do you need to trim them down alot? did you go with 1.5 or the 2inch ones?
Seriously?
1) Measure the material you're working with.
2) Find the cap that is closest to the same size.
a) Grind to fit since you're not using tube
3) Weld the motherfucker on.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
=ACID RAIN= said:
LOL garrett, rough morning? :p
Am I being an ass? I just thought this was about the simplest fucking question anyone could ask. Like hey, I've got some 2x2 sq. tube, and I want to cap the ends, what size piece of metal should I use.

...well that and I have an 8 hour accreditation exam on Friday that has consumed about 14 hours of my day for the past 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea about as simple as your rear tail light goin out question.... like hey my tail lights out, should i change the bulb? :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
thehackman15 said:
yea about as simple as your rear tail light goin out question.... like hey my tail lights out, should i change the bulb? :D
touche...

and turned out to be bad wiring along the frame, so it wasn't so simple :flipoff4:

I'll blame my ass-holedness on the extensive studying

·
Registered
732 Posts
Your local pipe and steel yard should carry several diffrent size end caps and they should be fairly cheap.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
I just took a 2" holesaw to a piece of flat metal on a drillpress for mine. Cost: Probably 10 cents and 10 mins of my time (if that)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts