TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
#1 cruiser
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the pit bull rockers on the snow and ice? We are thinking of going to them. The Iroks have done so well during the last snow storm we got, that Im not sure I want to switch. Ash however is positive she wants to try them. They look good and reviews offroad seem good. Just not a ton on snow and ice with lockers. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
It's best to have selectable lockers for snow and ice no matter what tires you're running. Of course if you enjoy time in the ditch then everything changes.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The sizing is way off .
Awesome tire (my buddy has them on his truck)
I was lookin at them a while back for mine . But I didn't like how wide most people go with them .

And they are not true sized (worse then swampers)
My tsl's say 38-12.5.15 but they are more like 37s and they were 95% when I got them

Just know that pitbulls aren't the size they say . There are tons of right up on this on pirate And other forums

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
I run Rocker Radials and love them for everything I put them through...... I went snow wheelin with them last Thursday and Saturday in various conditions and they performed excellent. I drove about 10 miles of compact snow and ice to and from the trails we ran and they didn't get squirrely at all until I was on the brakes on a sheet of ice and the rear end wanted to come around...... I'm certain any tire without studs will give the same result in this condition.....

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
My brother runs the 37" Bias ply Rockers. Way undersized. Measure out to 35's. They need to be run at low pressures on the trail to get them to hook up like his old Iroks. He constantly burps air on non bead locked wheels. He hasn't been impressed with them at all. For them to work decent off road, you need bead locks and 3-4 psi in them.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
My brother runs the 37" Bias ply Rockers. Way undersized. Measure out to 35's. They need to be run at low pressures on the trail to get them to hook up like his old Iroks. He constantly burps air on non bead locked wheels. He hasn't been impressed with them at all. For them to work decent off road, you need bead locks and 3-4 psi in them.
A guy in our club had the same results but he had beadlocks...... they didn't burp from the inside bead but once he got the front edges rounded off the tread blocks they hooked up pretty nice...... But yea, very small and a 13.50 width. My radials are 12.50 and about a ¼" shorter than an MTRk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
orange crusher
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing