TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family and I are going to be camping at Guadalupe River State Park in June for a week. I'm not real familiar with the San Antonio area. Are there any good places to wheel within an hour or so of San Antonio?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
My family and I are going to be camping at Guadalupe River State Park in June for a week. I'm not real familiar with the San Antonio area. Are there any good places to wheel within an hour or so of San Antonio?
No not really, The places in san antonio or closest to SA are Devils Den by Ingram mall and clines ranch right outside 1604 on bandera road but he usually requires about a 10 rig minimum.

In june we do have an even that is fairly close to SA and the off-road park even has th Llano river going through it.

here is more info on the event: http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68758

sounds perfect for what your looking for in june. please do not hesitate to contact me about any info I can help with.

wheel on,

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
....Devils Den by Ingram mall....
One thing our great leader forgot to mention, the Den is really a dry river bed and all river beds in Texas are closed for motorized vehicals. :(
Not that you could do the illegal act, just be on the look out for those real slow moving park police.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
it is illegal but there are parts that are not illegal to wheel because they are not a creek bed. I would not encourage this but you are free to do what you want.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
thats not what the cop said and the area where the pit is not a creek bed.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
he also said that in san antonio it is illegal to drive anywhere "off the road" or anywhere that is not a designated street or parking lot.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
no because it legal up above where we were at acorrding to him.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Ok after some searching this is what i found. According to what one of the cops told me and a couple others was that it was a city ordinance that you could not travel off the road period. this is all i could find, but technically the entire den is a drainage easment so.....

ARTICLE XV. DRAINAGE EASEMENTS

Sec. 19-501. Operation of motor vehicle in city drainage easement prohibited.
(a) It shall be unlawful to operate a motor vehicle upon or in any watercourse, drainage way, natural channel, stream or other location that is dedicated to the city as a drainage easement.
(b) The director of public works is authorized to erect and post signs along drainage easements forewarning persons that the operation of motor vehicles along same is prohibited.
(c) Each violation hereof shall be punishable by a fine of not less than one dollar ($1.00) and not more than two hundred dollars ($200.00).
(Ord. No. 86136, § 1, 6-12-97)

Sec. 19-502. Exception: Vehicles operated at the direction of a governmental entity.
It is an exception to section 19-501 if the motor vehicle is operated by the owner of property abutting the easement in order to maintain said easement in the manner prescribed and directed by all relevant provisions of the City Code including chapter 14, article V (entitled lot clearance) and any other who is operating a motor vehicle at the expressed direction of the federal, state or a local government for maintenance of the easement, in furtherance of a criminal investigation, or for other official business.
(Ord. No. 86136, § 1, 6-12-97)

and yes he did say we could wheel on the top part if you can call that wheeling.

·
9,051 Posts

·
9,051 Posts
Not too bad, some challenging trails. You can see my quick write ups on my website. My write up on Clines Ranch - here!
We go there about twice a year, but you can always call Dan (owner) and see if there are other off road clubs that will allow you to attend their outting. There is hardly a month that he does not have something going on during the weekend.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Here is Dan's website: Clines Ranch Website - - HERE!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts