TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Im on a posting roll today. :eek: Need ya'll's help with this. Sometime I have a hard time remebering what our options are so...

post up and I'll edit and compile everything in this post. It doesnt have to be local, if you've been there post it, review it and provide and link, info pics you have.

Try to somewhat follow the below format, will make it easier for me to compile (see copy/paste) into the main post.

Place, name.

Website

Directions if no web site (such as Tellico or Beasley)

Brief Personal Review

Link to pics to give a taste of what the place is like.

and any other info you deem necessary. Good for groups, day trips, long trips, cheap, showers etc. Could include this info in review section.

I'll list some places offhand and I'll let some other bored soul do the the footwork. Just find the website and other info requested above. I'll participate as I can.

Morris Mtn (AL)
Great American Park (AL)
Grey Rock (AL)
River Rock (GA)
Coal Creek/Windrock (TN)
Beasley (GA)
Harlan (KY)
Wooly's (TN)
Monteagle (TN) - Location of Southeast Takeover!
Mountainside (AL)
Golden Mtn. (TN)
Superlift (AR)
Choccolocco
Hale Mtn.
Uwharrie (NC)
Summertown
Iron gap
Gulches (SC)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Place: Wheeling in the Country

Brief Personal Review: Good place lots of short trails that empty on main trails that are easy to get back to camp from. Primative camping is free and they have cabins. Rates are kind of high and it's in the middle of no where. Some the trails had been redone the second time we went and were not as hard, others were harder and they were adding new trails all the time. Lot of BIG mud holes that were fun to watchthe 'necks get stuck in. Very toyota friendly as the owner drives a swapped 2nd gen runner. I'd like to go back sometime and see what they have done with the place.

I guess the pics from the last trip didn't make if from my old computer to this one but there were some in my photobucket from '05...WITC '05

·
Registered
591 Posts
Place: Superlift ORV

Brief Personal Review: Straight up awesome. A great venue for a huge group like TO, or just for a day trip (if you lived close). A huge mix of easy to crazy, and places for people to watch the craziness. Everything is clearly marked with trail names and difficulties and they have a map available in office. Lots of parking for tow rigs and good clean bath house. Pavillion area for meeting/eating. Only issue was racoons at night scratching on the tent freaking Brittany out.

I took about 900 pics but 75 are online.....TTORA TO at Superlift ORV

·
Registered
2,612 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
That's awesome guys. That will make a great addition to the website and serves the whole southeast. Do you thinkwe should also list some of the more popular ones out West etc. in case some of us get the opportunity to head that way too some day? Just a suggestion...

·
Registered
2,612 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
there is going to be a new one on hwy 27 just south of cedartown, it should be open in may. I'll post of more info when I get it. I know one of the owners.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Should be 2 more open in Alabama soon. There is work being done on one near Tuscaloosa.

Another one is opening for a pre ride this weekend and grand opening in May in Northwest Alabama near Florence-it's called Hawk Pride-you can see videos of it on Youtube.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
thats the westgaoffroadpark right?
I don't think so. Westgaoffroadpark is going to be off of hwy61 between Dallas and Cartersville.

·
Registered
591 Posts
thats the westgaoffroadpark right?
I don't think so. Westgaoffroadpark is going to be off of hwy61 between Dallas and Cartersville.
correct, this is another park. James and I will have 2 with in 30 minutes. :D
It's in the area called Dugdown, and I believe will be called Dugdown Offroad.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Here is a very nice and large list of almost all of the trails in the Southeast. Most are dirtbike and ATV areas and tracks, but there are a few ORV areas in there. Also, almost every trail has reviews and PICTURES from people who have gone there. When im looking for a place to ride the 4wheeler this is where i always look. Once again, most of the trails are ATV and dirtbike only, but i thought we could use some of the info and pics

http://www.georgiaoffroad.com/facility.php?generaltypeid=2

·
Registered
717 Posts
Should be 2 more open in Alabama soon. There is work being done on one near Tuscaloosa.

Another one is opening for a pre ride this weekend and grand opening in May in Northwest Alabama near Florence-it's called Hawk Pride-you can see videos of it on Youtube.
That Hawk Pride place looks interesting.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nice ant! i'll edit my post in the next few days, i'll get a format down and see if we cant make a half decent directory.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
29 Participants
Zartan74
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing