TTORA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hey the private in Ky Blows. I went down there on a quad. Every trail down ther is for rail buggies. Save your money and go to harlan or Slade

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
C. Ernst and myself visited Brown Mtn ORV in Pisgah National Forest last weekend. This place is mostly for ATV quads, motorcycles, etc. A day pass is $5 and you have to get it at a local gas station as opposed to the trail head. We knew the trails were not difficult beforehand but we were in the area and wanted a place to tool around and test out the new LC. Of the list of trails there they only allow full size rigs on Trail 1 & 8. Neither one is that difficult but it's a nice day ride if in the area. Trail 1A is supposed to have some pretty narly stuff but not open to full sizes...ride at your own risk.

More info:
http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreation/brown_mountain_orv.pdf

Trail 1A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC_1yE90Omw

·
Registered
525 Posts
tatum lead is ok... but it ends at a hunting property that has alllot more, better trails. i got lost back there and wound up somewhere on those trails, came across the owner, he was pretty nice said it happens all the time and pointed me back to the fs trails.
rock creek is a terrible gravel road.. not worth it.

on the other hand the backside of amacolola falls is really fun, and close

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
I think it mostly geared to bikes and atv's
it was initially designed for atvs/bikes, but i think the owner has been trying to get some full size trails in there. my understanding is that, as with most places in GA, it's aimed more at the MUD trucks than the rock crawlers, but last i heard, there were *some* mad-made rocks dropped there to please the non-mud enthusiasts. not sure if its worth the drive/cost of admission yet though.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
Someone mentioned there was a new private park opening near Athens... ??? ...is this it?
i heard athens, TN ... but that those plans were put on the back burner as well.

FYI, its likely RiverRock (milledgeville) will be closed for good this year, some guys on PBB said the owner was having a hard time insuring it and that it's closed as of 1/1/11.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Any of ya'll ever been over to Superlift Offroad Park in Hot Spring Arkansas? I got invited to a run over there in Sep. and was just wondering if it was worth the 14hr drive.

·
Banned
49 Posts
Ive been to durhamtown a few times...the newer part has more rock but unless your within 2-3 hours prob not worth your time. Lots of climbs and mud, small man made rock course in the older part. This place has potential but needs some work.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Any of ya'll ever been over to Superlift Offroad Park in Hot Spring Arkansas? I got invited to a run over there in Sep. and was just wondering if it was worth the 14hr drive.
Pretty good place.Went there about 3 or 4 years ago.Lots of steep climbs with loose rock.Shale rock to be exact.It will eat at your tires.They do have some man made rock gardens with some huge boulders in them.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Pretty good place.Went there about 3 or 4 years ago.Lots of steep climbs with loose rock.Shale rock to be exact.It will eat at your tires.They do have some man made rock gardens with some huge boulders in them.
Awesome! Thanks!

If I have the extra $$$ I might attend it.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
29 Participants
Zartan74
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing