TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I have a 2003 SR5 4WD Extra TRD offroad package Tacoma

About to do the OEM lube change since the truck just has 30,000 miles on it now.

For the transmission and transfer case I should use MT-90 Correct?

And for the differentials I should use Redline 75W90, but 75W90NS or Redline Shockproof are also ok?

Thanks!

·
Registered
532 Posts
redline mt-90 is for manual trannys. if you have a manual yes its fine, otherwise you need the auto trans fluid.

i use redline heavy shockproof in the diffs and it works good. it is really thick stuff so it provides lots of cushion for the gears but still runs everything just as easily as 75w90.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I put redline MT-90 in my manual tranny, and it shifted like poo. It seems to work for some people, and not for others. I dont recommend you test it for yourself. Do a search because there are a million threads covering this already.

·
Registered
629 Posts
First time I used MT90 my tranny shifted a little notchy too.

I changed the fluids again last week and since I had a surplus of MT90 I used it again. As advised I over filled the tranny a little and it shifts really good and smooth now. :) I dunno?:rolleyes:

Red Line makes good products.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it filled last week, MTL-90 in transaxle, 75W90 in the differentials, truck has a manual 5 speed transmission, shifts silky smooth. Mechanic the original front differential fluid was dark, other fluids looked OK. Regardless, I'm fully synthetic now in the driveline, and running 5W30 Mobile1 for the engine. Thanks guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.