TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, i personally don't own a toyota but i did hit one. I actually own a 94 grand cherokee, 6 inches, on 33 Dick Cepek Mud Countrys and i recently hit some kid after school who owns a tacoma. I need to replce his rear bumper and I was wondering the best place to buy one online. On Ebay they were like $250 with shipping...well i dont have $250. So please help me out. Also, is just a few bolts to install and take off the whole factory bumper or do i need a professional to actually do this. Thanks for the help. I think its around 2000-2004 model, not one of the newer ones.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry about that, I just wanted an answer as quickly as possible. I do have to buy a new one. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Yes. If you're going to get a new one, try our sponser section. There are several Toyota Parts Dealers there and they have better prices than most Toyota dealerships.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright thanks for the help. You'll hopefully never hear from me again unless i hit another yota or something.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pretty sure the heep would run over yours. I'm not hatin on Tacomas b/c i think theyre a GREAT truck. but if you hate on my ride then I have to talk some smack. If you want some pics of how sick and huge it looks then I'll post some. I actually just put the lift on with a buddy 2 days ago. All black grand cherokee on 33's with black rock crawler wheels. The tacoma i hit only put a little dent in it but I'm going to pay for a new one. we didnt file a police report or anything and his dad is makin me buy a new one. i havent told my parents yet either b/c they might not have let me put the lift on so I cant use insurance. I think I'm just going to sel some stuff on ebay to make the money which was suppose to be my winch bumper money. Oh well. Thanks for all the input though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He got an estimate and they said it'd be $380. F THAT. I think I'll just buy one and spend $250, then just take off the 6 bolts or whatever it is that holds up the bumper. That easy.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
i smell a backfire. you should just barrow the money and give them what they want as soon as possible. write them a check and in the memo spot write paid in full. that way when they deposit it (in most states) it becomes a binding contract, ending your debt. my :2cents:

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Jump in the Wanted section I'm sure you can find a member take off as they replaced it w/ something stronger. They are very easy to replace as they only require 4 bolts to take off and put back on.

Check with TRDParts4U.com as they carry cheaper Toyota Factory Parts.

·
Registered
663 Posts
dlynch1306 said:
pretty sure the heep would run over yours. I'm not hatin on Tacomas b/c i think theyre a GREAT truck. but if you hate on my ride then I have to talk some smack. If you want some pics of how sick and huge it looks then I'll post some. I actually just put the lift on with a buddy 2 days ago. All black grand cherokee on 33's with black rock crawler wheels. The tacoma i hit only put a little dent in it but I'm going to pay for a new one. we didnt file a police report or anything and his dad is makin me buy a new one. i havent told my parents yet either b/c they might not have let me put the lift on so I cant use insurance. I think I'm just going to sel some stuff on ebay to make the money which was suppose to be my winch bumper money. Oh well. Thanks for all the input though.
I wheel with a club full of Heeps and there is only one that will run over mine. It is on 48" tall tires with rockwells. It is not a Jeep at all but a buggy made out of chrome-molly tubing with four-wheel steering and a Ford 460cci fuel injected motor. It rocks! I don't hate Heeps at all but I do have fun ribbing my friends who have them. We have wheeling contests all the time and I have no problems out-performing the majority of Heeps in the club and that includes some on 35s. That being said, there are plenty that can out-perform me too but they are trailered in and they can out-perform me when they're not broke.

Good luck on your bumper search and I didn't notice where you are located, otherwise I'd invite you to come wheeling so we can chew some fat about who can run what... :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Check the for sale sections here and on Custom Tacos and Yotatech, people are always getting better bumpers for their stuff.

·
Registered
216 Posts
dlynch1306 said:
He got an estimate and they said it'd be $380. F THAT. I think I'll just buy one and spend $250, then just take off the 6 bolts or whatever it is that holds up the bumper. That easy.
Depending on how hard you hit the poor bastard, pray you didn't bend the frame. Remember you'll need the new braces for the bumper as well. :2cents:

And may I ask...if you can "run over" a tacoma...why did you hit the bumper and not the tailgate?

Just wonderin, good luck with your predicament.
I was a poor 16 year old too and it wasn't fun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PowellTacoma said:
Depending on how hard you hit the poor bastard, pray you didn't bend the frame. Remember you'll need the new braces for the bumper as well. :2cents:

And may I ask...if you can "run over" a tacoma...why did you hit the bumper and not the tailgate?

Just wonderin, good luck with your predicament.
I was a poor 16 year old too and it wasn't fun.
well first of all I know I cant run over a tacoma and I'm not hatin on them b/c i love em.
2nd of all I didnt hit his tailgate b/c i just put my lift and tires on myself last friday.
3rd...i just put two golf ball sized dents in the bumper so the frames alright...i did mess up my bull bar though.
4thly...being 16 is still fun and will always be. Better than having to go to work every day and listening to the wife like yall have to do. girl friends are bad enough.

....same guy different truck

·
Registered
773 Posts
stu said:
Like I said in my other post. You have insurance for a reason. Use it.
If the damage is less or equivalent to a deductible then wtf would you do that? You pay more money in the long run for the increased premiums after making a claim. Insurance companies suck.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts