TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently installed a new lift. OME 882 and dakar leafs in the rear. Just got it rolling today, went to the tire shop and got new tires. My problem is i went to the alignment shop(toyota dealer) and they could not get it lined up right. They tried for 2 hours and still could not get everything right. He suggested to me that my frame could be bent however i have never wrecked the truck...looking for any imput from anyone that might know what the deal is. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
x2

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I was told the same thing by Sears after i did a 3" Toytec spacer. It still rides perfectly fine and haven't noticed any uneven tire wear. Its been a while now though, so ill probably go back before long and see what they say now.

·
Registered
933 Posts
They should be able to get the camber and toe right pretty easy, but it will take a real pro to get the caster right. Getting it wrong will cause all kind of drivability problems. I believe this is why people go with the upper contol arms as well. Some of them if not all should push the upper ball joint back just enough to get the caster back into play. Welcome to the world of IFS lifting.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help, exactly like you guys said they got the camber and toe right but not the caster.....Is this going to affect performnce of my truck in any way or tire wear?? Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts