TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello... I am just now posting this. It has been very hard this last week.

Some of you may have heard about the deadly accident between Bend and Redmond last Friday which resulted in the death of a 7 year old girl and critically injuring 2 others and 1 seriously.

One of the critical is my Niece/sister Naomi. (I say sister because my parents adopted her from my brother when she was born so she was more of a sister to me).

It was touch and go the first day and they actually lost her and had to defib her to get her heart started again.

She had 2 collapsed and severely bruised lungs, broken spine in multiple places, badly damaged knee and broken elbow. Some slight brain bleeding as well.

She has been making good progress and is now off of the ECMO machine and on a ventilator only. Her brain and spine are the next biggest concerns. It does not look like she is paralyzed as she has movement in her feet if stimulated. They cannot wake her up just yet. want her to heal more. Only then can they truly determine any brain issues.

Please pray for her recovery and for Olivia which is also in critical as well. They are both up in Portland at different hospitals.

The drunk piece of ****, did have insurance but we dont know how much. Even at the highest amount, it wont touch what this is going to cost.

If you can afford to donate anything at all, it would be a huge help to our family and Naomi's recovery. She will have a massive long road ahead of her. If you cant, please keep her in your prayers. Or donate to your local blood bank. Blood is always needed.

Donations:
Naomi's Fund by Katherine Clifton - GoFundMe

News articles:
7-year-old dies, 4 girls hurt in Hwy 97 crash

Driver's bail increased in deadly Hwy 97 crash | News - Home

Thank you so much.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Aloha from Kauai.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. She has been doing better. Ecmo is out and has a ventilator in trachea.

They have been slowly waking her up from the induced coma. She is still heavily sedated. They put a trachea ventilator in, instead of through the mouth. She semi wakes up and is responsive to commands! She sticked her tongue out when the doctor asked, wiggled left or right toes, fingers, etc. They do not think she will have any serious brain issues since she is able to do that. That is huge news.

It is so great that she is responding to commands. Even though she is still heavily sedated. They do not want her trying to grab the tube in her trachea or chest tubes.

Biggest concerns now are this infection and blood clots. Infection in lung and blood clots in arms. I know how bad a clot can become so I am really freaked out about those. She is on thinners, but they have to be careful not to just dislodge it, but rather slowly dissovle them. And too many thinners may make her start bleeding in other areas as well. There is an infection sac or something in her lung, they are treating heavily with antibiotics. If it wont go away they may need to go in with surgery and try to remove it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts