TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a squeak that's coming from my passenger side front wheel, It squeaks when I'm driving, squeaks faster as I gas it but then does away after a couple minutes of driving. If I come to a complete stop, it intermittenly comes back. It only squeaks as I'm rolling and goes away when I apply the brakes. I've inspected the pads and they have plenty left. Cv's look fine too. No clicking, leaking, no torn boots...

I have a couple guesses what it may be:
1) sticky brake pistons?
2)Wheel bearing starting to die or need lube? I'm not getting/feeling any shakes however the squeak does go away when I turn...

Any ideas are appreciated!

btw it's a 95.5 and auto lock hubs....

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,206 Posts
When was the last time you greased your u-joints?

It's something to do with the drive system, making noise while on the gas is a dead giveaway.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If it goes away while you apply the brakes, then it probaly is your brakes. I had a Mitsubishi that did the same thing. Once I went to the car wash and blasted off the brake dust with the wand, it would go away.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, my 2002 tacoma is making the same noise. It mainly does it when I am at constant speed. When I accelerate, it goes away. I am wonderinf if I can lube that front right CV? Did you figure out what it was yet?

BTW I read the thread about it being the driveshaft needing lubing. I found all the zerts and lubed them, it didn't help.

·
Registered
521 Posts
"Whats that funny squeking sound......................YOU COULD'NT HEAR A DUMP TRUCK ROLLING THROUGH A NITRO GLYCERIN PLANT" (Christmas Vacation) first thing I thought of. Sorry to interupt:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts