TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple questions have come as to up why I was editing posts...

simple reason, there has been some inappropriate language used as well as quoted from others in some posts, and I have simply removed this...

please remember this forum welcomes everyone and as such we do not want to scare people off, offend them, or make them think we are a bunch of immature people...

hope everyone understands,
if not, oh well...

later
Mike

·
Registered
0 Posts
SuperPoser said:
a couple questions have come as to up why I was editing posts...

simple reason, there has been some inappropriate language used as well as quoted from others in some posts, and I have simply removed this...

please remember this forum welcomes everyone and as such we do not want to scare people off, offend them, or make them think we are a bunch of immature people...

hope everyone understands,
if not, oh well...

later
Mike
Lame. I will shut up, since Freedom of Speech is not welcome here. I didnt realize this forum was anti-slang. I aplolgize....feel free to edit my posts.....AGAIN...... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Excessive bad language will indeed not be tolerated. This is not intended to be "censorship" - you may say WHATEVER you like, but for the image of both TTORA and our chapter, every poster must accept responsibility for HOW things are said.

The post in question was excessive. (Note: it was directed at me, and I thought it was kinda funny actually and was preparing an equally scathing response, which would have deserved to be edited too)

Unfortunately, the situation was not handled well (imagine that - having a couple engineers as mods! :rofl: ). Mike and I have agreed that future posts will be handled as follows:

The poster will be sent a PM identifying exactly which part of their post is the problem and given the opportunity to tone it down themselves. Depending on the severity, the time allowed for this to happen will vary.

If they refuse, or it is still excessive, the post will be edited or deleted.

If the poster is a frequent repeat offender, they will be banned from the Ohio Forum.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
What I do not understand is why we don't follow the national board rules?
Its not like any of us are posting "F you you Mother Fer I hope you Fing die you F stick."
So what if we throw out occasional F bombs or shi+ or whatever. Were all adults and Im pretty sure it can be taken in stride.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I think this is kind of :deadhors: but just use your better judgement. If you think the mods will not like something, just not post what you were going to, and think of something better to say. We are all adults Just have some respect because we all come from different places and have different backgrounds, so just be respectful. It's not that difficult, so just don't make it that way.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Froggygirl said:
I think this is kind of :deadhors: but just use your better judgement. If you think the mods will not like something, just not post what you were going to, and think of something better to say. We are all adults Just have some respect because we all come from different places and have different backgrounds, so just be respectful. It's not that difficult, so just don't make it that way.
thanks

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OFRD_GRL said:
What I do not understand is why we don't follow the national board rules?
Its not like any of us are posting "F you you Mother Fer I hope you Fing die you F stick."
So what if we throw out occasional F bombs or shi+ or whatever. Were all adults and Im pretty sure it can be taken in stride.
I may have missed it, but I did not hear a single f-bomb last weekend, and everyone had a good time (well maybe not terry when he got home)...

it is not necessary to use excessive language,
I have not edited a single post for this in a long time, and I do not plan to as steph said, this is beating a dead horse, but is it really necessary to f this and f that?

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
SuperPoser said:
I may have missed it, but I did not hear a single f-bomb last weekend, and everyone had a good time (well maybe not terry when he got home)...
You wern't standing close enough to me this weekend then. :D

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Froggygirl said:
IWe are all adults Just have some respect because we all come from different places and have different backgrounds, so just be respectful. It's not that difficult, so just don't make it that way.
Great post.

Even if it may have just been an excuse to use the :deadhors: smiley

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
SuperPoser said:
this is beating a dead horse
Youre the one who bumped the thread.... that is already a sticky... which is the only reason it caught my attention today.
I didnt say we NEED to f this f that...
I said if it slips out on occasion, A-OK.
I was re-inputting my :2cents: since the thread was re-upped, in my eyes I had thought we already had it all covered and no need for a bump in the first place?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I didn't hear a lot of swearing on the trail, but there was plenty around the campfire

Well since we're back on this again I'm changing my original stance on this whole swearing issue. I think we either can or can't swear. Limiting it to excessive is just going to keep creating problems. One person's idea of excessive is not neccessarilly going to be the same as the next person's. I also think this decision should be made by vote or a poll could be made and the prez and mods could make a decision based upon the poll results. :2cents:

Or we just switch to using "frack" :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
10 Participants
99TanTaco
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing