TTORA Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
to recap what I thought was agreed upon previously...
no f-bomb...
this was my understanding with the discussions on the forum in the past, and also discussions with troy... (correct me if I am incorrect)
as I stated, I haven't said anthing for a long time, but it seems to be "slipping" more and more frequently...
this is the reason I gave this a bump...
if you absolutly have to use graphic language such as the f-bomb, than so be it...

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
The problem with us having a meeting is going to be doing it somewhere where the majority of us would actually show up. Plus I'd actually have to form an opinion on this subject, right now I was just looking for a clearer def of the rules

Mike: without going back and re-reading all the discussions on this I'm pretty sure everything I have seen regarding the rules has used phrases like "kept to a minimum" or "excessive". If there was a clear ruling on this I must have missed it

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
99TanTaco said:
The problem with us having a meeting is going to be doing it somewhere where the majority of us would actually show up. Plus I'd actually have to form an opinion on this subject, right now I was just looking for a clearer def of the rules
Yes I know it is hard to get us all togther but maybe Mike and Joe and work somethings out and put in print right infront of up.
Mike: without going back and re-reading all the discussions on this I'm pretty sure everything I have seen regarding the rules has used phrases like "kept to a minimum" or "excessive". If there was a clear ruling on this I must have missed it
X2 on that

·
Registered
270 Posts
I don't think I have ever used the f-bomb on the board, now on the trail ummmmmmm it has sliped a couple of times. Now I think cursing is fine with me as long as it is not extreme, just my :2cents:

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
This Again :confused: Not sure what I’ve missed but there seems to be so misunderstanding on this issue or something?
Excessive would be someone using fuck, shit, damn etc in ever post. Which if this is the case, I think we should PM that person asking them to please refrain from using such language in ever post. Then if they continue we will delete it.

Occasionally would be use of such language in 1in 100 posts for example not a problem.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I don't care whether we can or can't swear. However I think that leaving the rule as "excessive" will cause problems. Once people start getting warned or edited there's going to be a lot of "I didn't think that was excessive" or "Why did my post but not so and so's post get edited" and so on. I was just trying to prevent future problems/misunderstandings. If I'm making things worse just tell me and I'll shut up :D

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
The funniest part about this discussion is that it started (and pretty much ended) with someone from a different chapter who doesn't post here any more.

I can't recall a single incident where we've had a problem with OHTTORA folks abusing it. Continue to act resonsibly and censor yourselves as you have been, and the chapter will continue to grow.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
RedRunnertc said:
The funniest part about this discussion is that it started (and pretty much ended) with someone from a different chapter who doesn't post here any more.

I can't recall a single incident where we've had a problem with OHTTORA folks abusing it. Continue to act resonsibly and censor yourselves as you have been, and the chapter will continue to grow.
you DON'T live in OH either! :p

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
RedRunnertc said:
Seriously I agree with Troy :eek: As far as i've seen everyone has been pretty good about it.Keep doing what you've all been doing and I don't see any issuse.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
10 Participants
99TanTaco
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing