TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed one of those plug-n-play trailer wiring converters about 3 months ago on my 03 DC. Everything worked great at the time but I just noticed when I use my right turn signal, my tail lights blink. I checked all the wires and the ground but no luck. I unhooked it and everything works fine now! It seems like I read on here once that this is a common problem??? Can anyone recommend a specific brand?

This is the one I installed http://www.etrailer.com/pc-VWH~118379.htm?vehicle=2003**Toyota**Tacoma Pickup**2 and 4 WD

·
Registered
116 Posts
The 4 prong trailer adaptors were designed when tail and signal lights were all on the same circuit (and used the same bulbs).

I can't say for sure, but that harness is probably shorting the tail and signal lights together. There's not much you can do about it unless you get a special trailer harness that's designed to convert the multiple inputs into a single output.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Yeah A buddy of mine had one of those plug-n-play one's too and when the running lights were on it would dimmly glow the 3rd brake light (high mounted stop, top brake light, etc.). My truck came with the factory converter that goes in the driver's side cubby in the ext cab. It has the multiple inputs and 4wire output, is a very nice unit and I've had no problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts