TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have a PLX iMFD SM+AFR :confused: ? I’ve been thinking of getting it and expanding it with the vac/boost, OBD2, and the data logger when they come out. I’m just looking for a review and some install feedback. If no one has one I guess I will be the guinea pig. :welder:

I have a '98 Tacoma 4x4, x-cab w/auto. I’m working on piecing a SC kit for my truck.

·
Registered
770 Posts
KillerB said:
Does anyone have a PLX iMFD SM+AFR :confused: ? I’ve been thinking of getting it and expanding it with the vac/boost, OBD2, and the data logger when they come out. I’m just looking for a review and some install feedback. If no one has one I guess I will be the Ginny pig. :welder:

I have a '98 Tacoma 4x4, x-cab w/auto. I’m working on piecing a SC kit for my truck.
Yeah I have one of them installed in all my vehicles, and 2 on my motorcycle, and it's guinea pig you idiot!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fixed. now :stfu:

·
Registered
770 Posts
This is a pretty sick setup, I wish someone had tried it on a Taco though, its gonna be a long way out of my way to pick you up in the morning before work when you try it and fuck your rig all up.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we will see. it seems like a pretty well thought out setup. i think im gonna order the sm+afr this weekend.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
changed my mind on the DM-5 i think i'm going to go with the DM-100 and a bunch of SM's for the iMFD setup.

how much longer untill the URD 7th injector and the iMFD DM-100 gauge are available on urdusa.com?

:xpopcorn:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok changed my mind again,

i bought the plx r-500 from URD :D . it looks like a really nice peace. There are more wires than i know what to do with.

Once my blower gets back form magnuson i'll have pics of everything.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i decided to go with the PLX R-500. I hooked it up and now only successfully monitoring RPM in my '98 Tacoma v-6 4x4. (so basically i have a $550 tacho connected to my truck through a $200 wire harness.)

I was wondering what correction factor anyone used for your speed-o and which voltage settings i should use for the knock sensor on the R-500?

I am going to be monitoring EGT and AFR as soon as i get the bungs welded in. I also want to simulate the stock o2 sensor from the R-500. If anyone has tried this i would like to know how it worked out.

I also have switch to change which knock sensor the R-500 is listening to. I was wondering if that was good idea or not?

i used an auto sports wiring patch harness (http://www.autosportwiring.com/index.html) to splice all the connections together. it came out really clean and maintained my factory wiring harness integrity. it was about $200 shipped. if your going to be cutting into the factory harness i recommend one of these.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I made my own gauge and r-500 mounts. The ash tray will fit the r-500 but i put 2, 2 1/16" gauges in instead. I even added a fan for the r-500 to keep it cool.
The R-500 is working well. I added a 2 bar MAP sensor to help with tuning. I plan on adding a fuel pressure gauge in the place of the narrow band 02 (because it is worthless).

The R-500 is simulating the stock narrow band 02 sensor. This causes a check engine light. It is an easy fix i just haven't gotten around to it.

after i get to log some data the URD AIC, URD 7th injector and the SC will be installed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts