TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
that sucks big time i thought Paragon was great.What else can they put in that little town that would bring as much bussines to the local people with camp grounds,parts stores etc.
Wonder if someone wants to build a wally world, just what the world needs another one of those :rolleyes:
I hope the folks running paragon prevail

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NEV2DEP said:
that sucks big time i thought Paragon was great.What else can they put in that little town that would bring as much bussines to the local people with camp grounds,parts stores etc.
Wonder if someone wants to build a wally world, just what the world needs another one of those :rolleyes:
I hope the folks running paragon prevail
the only thing I can see them doing is expanding the industrial park around it, I don't think theirs anything around it that could justify building any kind of retail sites
This blows :( , I was thinking with the wellsville crap happening that Paragons only like 5hrs away, wouldn't be able to make one day trips (drive down, wheel, and drive back in one day) like we do at Wellsville. but it is close enough that some of us could occassionally head out after work on a Fri camp, wheel Sat, and drive back Sun

Now it's looking like if we want to wheel anywhere decent we're gonna have to drive 7-8hrs or more

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
There is still hope from what I have read. They have a 25 year lease. The land owners are trying to get that voided on technicalities. Depending on how the lease is witting that won't happen. The bad thing is money usually talks and hopefully paragon has a good lawyer staff that can take care of this. All we can do is sit back and let the lawyers do there think and hope the lease is written in the favor of paragon.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ohio03trdtaco said:
There is still hope from what I have read. They have a 25 year lease. The land owners are trying to get that voided on technicalities. Depending on how the lease is witting that won't happen. The bad thing is money usually talks and hopefully paragon has a good lawyer staff that can take care of this. All we can do is sit back and let the lawyers do there think and hope the lease is written in the favor of paragon.
yea, a good lawer can tie things up in court for a while

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Being that this a 25 year lease I am guessing the land owners at the time of the lease didn't see greener pastures. Now they see some more green and are trying to get to it. The good thing is that isn't a valid reason for lease denial they have to prove paragon has violated the lease in some way. Hopefully paragon has had all there ducks in a row and hasn't violated the lease in any way. It should take some time for the matter to be cleared up in court and sounds like the court has granted them the ability to keep the park open, or it isn't in the courts yet.

·
Registered
142 Posts
i really wante dto go next year after i got my truck finished but it looks maybe i need to go this year. i hope it stays open. i need to go buy a lotto ticket and if i win ill buy the land. :)

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
OFRD_GRL said:
man thats a stinker :(

lets all go in on a couple hundred acres somewhere and start bringing in big rocks and stuff :)
If I didn't just buy a house, I'd love to look into buying some land. I was looking at 20 acres in Morrow county for awhile. It had a house and a pole barn on the property too. It would be great for a couple of horses and to have a small offroading area with a rock garden and mud pit. There is 100 acres adjacent to the painted rock property :D But, from what Ralph said, that land is even rougher than the land that painted rock is on, so it would make for some really hardcore 'wheeling. The good thing is that I'm sure that the owners of the painted rock property would allow you to use their land and vice versa. I think they were asking around $100,000 for the 100 acres.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts