TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been thinking about a GPS unit a lot, as well as a place to put it and at one point filtering through the threads I found this>>>

Assuming that people are using the #013 Tuffy with 8 inches of width I can mod the thing and put in a hing and some L-brackets it might fit this>>>>

After looking at thee dimensions I found that it MIGHT work.
Lowrance Dimensions: 5.4 in H x 6.9 in W x 3.4 in D

Can anyone chime in with the tuffy and tell me if the model #013 is correct. Also the compartment for the stereo is 2 3/16 and the GPS is 3.4 so how much cutting will have to happen to make it work...

If all else fails I guess you can move the stereo to the tuffy and a smaller gps unit to where the stereo was.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
i dont really understand what you are trying to do.. but putting your gps there would make it very hard to navigate safely..
it would seem to also interfere with the cupholders :eek:
from what i remember the cables also stick straight out of the back of the gps .
i had considered putting the globalmap gps where my stock stereo was (now in center console) but it is still too big.

i ended up getting one of theese and mounting it ontop of the dash..
slightly smaller, color screen, road navigation.
http://getfeetwet.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=010-N0331-00

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My suggestion is to hinge the front of the tuffy and yes it will interfere with the cup holders. But I think it will be OK

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
My suggestion is to hinge the front of the tuffy and yes it will interfere with the cup holders. But I think it will be OK
the front is all one piece, it would take quite a bit of fab work to do that.. plus it would be kinda painful to :saw: on a 250$+ console :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts