TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my current stock tire is a 215/70/15 on a 05 5lug slug stock height

im upgradeing to 16 inch rims soon, and i was wondering if i should stick with a 215 cross section or go up a few sizes, but give up gearing due to larger diameter.

i can't mud and i can't crawl. the most i do are trails and fireroads. do i need a larger cross section? or perhaps i should stick with 15 inch rims

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
26" almost 27" tires on a stock non-pre runner. That's gonna be a tight fit... I'd suggest you add a leaf or more in the rear and get a spacer for the front. That should be interesting since I haven't seen anyone fix up the 05+ Tacos yet for a pre-runner config.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah you can go too wide and all it'll really do is rub the inner frame rail or the wheel well where it meets the fender wraparound in the front. Especially when suspension compresses with wheel turned. What is the width of your 15" rims? I have 15x7's and have a 31x10.5x15 on there. Width issues...I rub a little at full turn on frame rails but not bad and only on suspension bottom out when turned half way. I've got a body lift but don't recommend you go that route ifn you decide to go bigger.

Technically you don't need a wider tire to do what you want, just look a rally cars...the small ones. They run basically what you would drive on and in similar wheel sizes I'd guess. A simple offroad tire of appropriate size for the rim should suffice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts