TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello AZ Yota folks, there's a possibility of my wife and I coming to your area. Her mom got a job in Chandler and now she can't stop talking about how I would love it down there. Right now I work for an Adesa Auction in Colorado Springs, and I see there is one about a mile from where my mother-in-law has moved to; so that's a possible employment option.

Basically, I'd like to know how jobs are in the area, can I find a place with a shop/garage, is it as hot as I think it'll be, and so on. I have been poking around the web, but I'd rather hear info from actual people rather than what some PR person may say.

As for timeframe, it won't be too soon; I have several unfinished projects to handle along with finding somewhere to live down there.

Thanks in advance, and sadly I don't have a rig to show off yet; the last one was going to be an 85 4Runner with 3.4 power, but that never got off the ground and was parted out.

>>Dan

·
Registered
415 Posts
Most of the people that move here during the summer don't stay as long as people that move here during the winter ..... first impressions are like that

·
Registered
27 Posts
The summers suck winters are awesome,with that said I moved here20 years ago and have worked outside in the summer heat for 20 years, yea it get hell hot but only for a couple of months then hot for about 4 months and then itsgreat if you are heat tolerant then you'll. Be alright

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
Used to live, work, and have a shop space all right around where you are talking. Good area, convenient, decent house prices, limited hood, and relatively close to what ever you might need. You'd also find more than a few people who live around there that wheel. People seem to be finding work here, but don't expect a great pay scale. As for the weather, it gets hot. Think of summer as a reverse winter, outside when you need to be or for fun. Otherwise a/c is your friend. The rest of the time is why we all stay.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most of the people that move here during the summer don't stay as long as people that move here during the winter ..... first impressions are like that
That is a good point I hadn't considered; we'll go for a visit in the next few months to see just how the weather is. Thanks for the insight guys, I was poking around the board and it didn't look too active compared to what I'm used to seeing in Colorado; but we post more than we wheel... or so it seems.

Time will tell, but for now it's an option. I can deal with heat but naturally I'd rather not. Two stints in Iraq kinda made me hate heat; I had planned to move to Alaska when I got out, but plans changed and here I am still in Colorado. Could be worse...

How are the vehicle laws there, in regards to getting titles, vehicle inspections/emissions, registration, mud flap laws (?) and so on. I'm one of those people who fix and flip cars from craigslist, so a fast title process is ideal. Back in PA it was a big PITA to get a title; both buyer and seller have to go to a notary with the vehicle, sign bills of sale, take car to State Patrol to check VIN to see if it's stolen... so many hoops to jump through.

Here in CO it's simple: Got a signed title? Take it to the DMV and register for a new one in your name; usually it gets mailed but some places print them on the spot. Simple.

·
Registered
415 Posts
How are the vehicle laws there, in regards to getting titles, vehicle inspections/emissions, registration, mud flap laws (?) and so on. I'm one of those people who fix and flip cars from craigslist, so a fast title process is ideal. Back in PA it was a big PITA to get a title; both buyer and seller have to go to a notary with the vehicle, sign bills of sale, take car to State Patrol to check VIN to see if it's stolen... so many hoops to jump through.

Here in CO it's simple: Got a signed title? Take it to the DMV and register for a new one in your name; usually it gets mailed but some places print them on the spot. Simple.
we have "3rd party" MVD places that are super quick.... have to have seller notorized the title, and smog every 2 yrs for veh thats registered in Maricopa (phoenix) or Pinal (tuscon)

BUT..... Phoenix sucks for flippin cars because everyone is doing it :mad:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello Wakkjjobb,

Arizona does not have vehicle Safety Inspections as other states do. We do have emissions inspections as part of the vehicle license plate renewal process. Vehicles in Maricopa County must have factory emissions systems as applicable to the vehicle.

We have the opportunity to play in the snow when desired but shoveling is optional.

Check out the following websites for assistance in finding employment opportunities:
http://indeed.com
http://simplyhired.com
http://jobing.com

I like indeed since it is a search engine v.s. a pay to post type service.

Post again closer to your visit and see about getting an introductory ride scheduled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts