TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see some backup lights. I want to know where everyone mounts theirs? I haven't seen too many threads about these.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Where is that, Tahoe? Unless the climate's really changed, I don't remember SJ getting that much snow. :D

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
has anyone put a light setup that hooks up to the bed rails? i want to install two lights on the bed rails close to the back window, and two more under the truck around the hitch. i think the rails is a great idea because i can move them or take them off whenever. i want to know what parts from home depot i will need to get to make that bracket/mount for the lights on the rails. if you guys could let me know, i'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
You could probably get an extra set of the cargo clamps off of ebay so that you could mount a set of lights using those and it would allow you to slide them up and down the rail and remove them when not in use (just wire w/ quick connects). Or get some 1" flat stock about 3/16" thick and thread it, use a 90* bracket and mount your light to that..just and idea..the Demello Bed bar is also a stout set up

·
Registered
803 Posts
itsmeagain5789 said:
Let's see some backup lights. I want to know where everyone mounts theirs? I haven't seen too many threads about these.
Bumper by A.J. at BentUp.com-

·
Registered
803 Posts
itsmeagain5789 said:
has anyone put a light setup that hooks up to the bed rails? i want to install two lights on the bed rails close to the back window, and two more under the truck around the hitch. i think the rails is a great idea because i can move them or take them off whenever. i want to know what parts from home depot i will need to get to make that bracket/mount for the lights on the rails. if you guys could let me know, i'd appreciate it.
Here's what I had on before the shell, I took the front bed rail out and mounted it to the rear side of the tool box then bolted the light bar between the tool box and front wall of the bed using the existing nut plates in the truck-

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
heres the end result. i used some flat stock with a couple bolts, nuts and washers, cut it up to the size i wanted, made the bracket, and sprayed it black with two coats. $7 at homedepot and $8 for the lights at harbor freight. I could have done better by adding a bracket with two bolts on the rails, but i got too lazy. If you tighten it enough, it doesn't move at all unless you force it too. there still not hooked up. that'll be next weekends project along with the same hitch lights. still debating on if i should drill a hole into my truck, (drilling is permanent) i'll post up for those too.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts