TTORA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Ya that's one of the sickest runners i'ver seen.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks guy for posting but finding the time to get this done is going to be a issue. Its hard enough to find time to jump on here. Will have to get on waiting list more than likely

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a question? Under the taillight there is support bracing for the tailgate hinge. How much and or where should I be cutting.

I have seen two different types of cuts in this area. 1 cut appears to be a straight cut from roughly 1.5"s down from the tail light straight to the fender well.
The other type appears to be a straight cut from the wheel well but then does a 90* turn down by the tail light.

I'm about to head to the garage drink a few brews then begin marking where I will be cutting.

Any insight into what the best method to cut under the tail light is??

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have a question? Under the taillight there is support bracing for the tailgate hinge. How much and or where should I be cutting.

I have seen two different types of cuts in this area. 1 cut appears to be a straight cut from roughly 1.5"s down from the tail light straight to the fender well.
The other type appears to be a straight cut from the wheel well but then does a 90* turn down by the tail light.

I'm about to head to the garage drink a few brews then begin marking where I will be cutting.

Any insight into what the best method to cut under the tail light is??

Some cut right under the tail gate around to the wheel well and some leave some of the bracing around the corners for the tail gate support (hillbillyoung), I left about 2" under the tail light and an 1" lower than the tail gate for a little extra support. If you put a lot of weight in the bed then leave the support, although I have had heavy shit on my tail gate, its bobbed and its been fine (same with others). It all depends on the bumper you build or put on there for how high to cut up on the sides. :2cents:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Thinking about turning my current bumper into a high clearance bumper soon.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Thinking about turning my current bumper into a high clearance bumper soon.

imho dont do it to that truck. yes i liked mine when i did it because it was functional for how i was pounding on my truck, but yours has that clean stock go anywhere expo feel. dont fuck with that just yet:2cents:

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
imho dont do it to that truck. yes i liked mine when i did it because it was functional for how i was pounding on my truck, but yours has that clean stock go anywhere expo feel. dont fuck with that just yet:2cents:
I have to agree.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts
About this Discussion
80 Replies
54 Participants
snowmansimon
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing