TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says. I'm trying to get some ideas. I'm trying to decide if I should just go with a separate satellite tuner or get a deck with satellite radio controls with necessary hardware. I've heard that one of the advantages with a separate satellite tuner is that the displays are much bigger making channel surfing a lot easier. Thanks. :confused:

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Super Doody said:
Like the title says. I'm trying to get some ideas. I'm trying to decide if I should just go with a separate satellite tuner or get a deck with satellite radio controls with necessary hardware. I've heard that one of the advantages with a separate satellite tuner is that the displays are much bigger making channel surfing a lot easier. Thanks. :confused:
http://www.nowwgasa.net/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Critters-Junk

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NisAznMonk said:
I don't have XM yet, but here is my Alpine CDA-9833.

What speakers and amp(S) do you have?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Super Doody said:

That is my skifi and I can see signal strength, channel, channel name, artist, track name. I like it because it is right there with no wires shown, It has a fairly large display, and I can take it with me and put it in my house/boombox/other car. Works for me.
-Scott

·
Registered
119 Posts
Here is my setup. I like having the tuner integrated with the deck so I don't have any more dash clutter than I already have. The only problem is the deck was one of the first available from Pioneer so it only accepts 8 characters from the XM tuner and I don't get full artist or track names.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Super Doody said:
I've been considering the same thing. What decks with integrated controls have you been considering?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pretty much all the deck more than $200 are compatible. I'm looking at the alpine CDA9830

·
Dean
2,585 Posts

I have a Kenwood deck with Sirius satellite radio integrated. as you can see I have enough other crap so I did not want another piece of hardware on the dash. the tuner is remote mounted under the seat and the readout on this unit is big and not a problem to see.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Super Doody said:
try to stay away from FM modulation if you can, which means aftermarket headunit and tuner. I run the XM unit and i have to use FM modulation because my deck wont work with the input version they have for it, and i get some mild interference like static....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Super Doody said:

Heres Mine!!!

http://www.installshowcase.com/My Truck/My own truck 008.jpg

·
Registered
90 Posts
Oh i forgot to say that now my XM is now direct and i control it through the deck. i put the roady in my work van.

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
how did you achieve that look of the Alpine in the middle?
is it a custom piece of ABS?

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
Hey Doug, did you ever get the pics up of the std cab install?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts