TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help, all my power plugs quite working about a year ago and i finally have decied to fix this. What Fuse are they connected to? I looked at the fuses i thought they would be in the panel on the dash and they are all okay. The wiring is all intact, and i tried swapping wire connections around to the various plugs and got nothing. So where should i be looking?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Need some help, all my power plugs quite working about a year ago and i finally have decied to fix this. What Fuse are they connected to? I looked at the fuses i thought they would be in the panel on the dash and they are all okay. The wiring is all intact, and i tried swapping wire connections around to the various plugs and got nothing. So where should i be looking?
If you're talking about the two outlets down forward of the shifter, the fuse is a 15amp micro blade in the fuse block in the engine compartment aft of the battery. It should be labeled Power Outlets on the cover.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
might also pull the outlets and check to see if you have 12v going to the back of the plug, there is a little thermal disc on the positive post on the outlet. you can pull it apart and remove the thermal link from the equation. mine have all died randomly at one point and it was the thermal link that finally blew. the outlets are still fused, so you aren't really changing anything....

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the fuse looked good changed it anyway, still didnt work. Swapped the relay with the taillight relay, still nothing. Ill try pulling out the thermal coil. I just find it odd that all three took a shit. I appologize in advance, im a complete newb when it comes to automotive electronics.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
all it would take is a hot day and having a few low draw things plugged in to all 3, one of the downfalls of a worn out thermal link....

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Well the fuse looked good changed it anyway, still didnt work. Swapped the relay with the taillight relay, still nothing. Ill try pulling out the thermal coil. I just find it odd that all three took a shit. I appologize in advance, im a complete newb when it comes to automotive electronics.
Do you own a volt meter?

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
You posted before you checked them with the meter? Fail:p

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I'm only kidding. I'm bad at vehicle electronics too.

·
Registered
144 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts