TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checking to see what people done/used for the power steering hose?

Thanks
Hutch

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Hutch98 said:

Thanks
Hutch
Take the high pressure line down to a hydraulic shop so they can chop the ends off and put flex hose in the middle. I had the shop make a little u-turn at the box end, that way it's out of the way of the battery tray.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hutch98 said:

Thanks
Hutch
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1913

Apparently Bentup.com is now making and selling the high pressure hose. Look at the thread linked above and you will find all the phone numbers and pricing you need...

I am running an old fashion Bentup design, I think AJ cut my stock stuff and welded some flex fittings or something like that....

Hey Mike, didn't you replace that hose once already???

·
Registered
147 Posts
Stock hose, just bend it around. Now Im running a $25 dollar deal with JIC hydralic fittings. Im looking for the adapter fittings for the toy box, and stock pump. We may have to have these things made up.

Im not sure what bentup has got, but it will probably work well.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yea, Napa put me a new fitting on mine, but you should be fine just bending the stock hose around to fit.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hutch98 said:

Thanks
Hutch
I have the 2.7 4 banger, the V6 might be different. I used the factory hoses, no problems. I've attached a couple of pics, the hoses are close to the battery tray but they clear. There's about 1/8" clearance on the HP hose (HP hose is on the right), you don't need a mile of clearance, just enough so it doesn't rub. I let the hose find it's natural position/curve and just zip-tied it to the lower radiator hose to keep it away from the alternator. Heat transfer isn't a major issue since this is the "cool" water return to the engine.

The LP return line isn't an issue. You can cut it to length or route it however to install a PS cooler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts