TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I have knoticed that its been getting harder to turn the wheel and I have a slight vibration at 55-60mph (which I was thinking could have been an off balance wheel), I checked my ps fluid and it's full. Think that my pump could be going, or is this a good sign that I should start looking for a new rack?

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
sjvicker said:
Recently I have knoticed that its been getting harder to turn the wheel and I have a slight vibration at 55-60mph (which I was thinking could have been an off balance wheel), I checked my ps fluid and it's full. Think that my pump could be going, or is this a good sign that I should start looking for a new rack?
check your rack for any play. jack up the front end onto stands; grab a wheel and rapidly turn it back and forth (like in steering) while watching the steering rack. The rack should NOT move in its bushings. If it does the bushings need replacement. worst case is you need a new rack.

you might just take it to a competent front-end shop for eval. and see what they say.

bushings are $13 and about 1hr to replace.

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
sjvicker said:
I dont like hearing that, I put poly bushings in 8 months ago
did you retorque all 4 bolts/nuts?? this MUST be done twice after replacing the bushings.

141# for the big nut and 123# for the other 3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts