TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a constant whine from my power steering pump, is there a heavier duty pump that I can get for A 97 Taco with 37's

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
My pump whines too. If your power steering doesn't work, change out the box for a rebuilt one.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Front Range said:
Not resized, toss out an email, and Ill shoot some over.
Will the Chevy pump be sufficient to make up for what is needed for ram assist set up? IE more fluid, bigger res. higher pressure to make it all work well? Does that work with the Toy steering box?
send pics please

[email protected]

like you did not have it already though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The toy pump can power 1.5" assist no big deal. Im running a 2", thats a lot of the reason I went with a larger pump after frying this one. And yes, drill and tap the IFS box, and run hydro off it no problem.

Kirk, Ill send a couple pics of the pump over to ya.

·
Registered
515 Posts
OK if someone has Brians pics PLEASE post them.... i don't want to bother him with a 4th e-mail of the same thing...

Thanks
-David

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
post pics and what year chevy pump did ya use? im about to replace mine and im sure the chevy stuff is alot cheaper than the yota stuff.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Davidtaco said:
OK if someone has Brians pics PLEASE post them.... i don't want to bother him with a 4th e-mail of the same thing...

Thanks
-David
I'll try and post on this "oh so much easier to use forum that is so much more user friendly" :rolleyes: :mad: :confused:

This is all he sent me, no write up, just pics of how it fits.

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
Front Range said:
You can mount a chevy pump in there. Not too bad to do really. Little fab work and some fittings/lines.
Well crap Brian, I think I know what 'a little fab work' means to you... What's it mean to most of the rest of us?? :D
Still using the stock chebby pulley?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Alright, I dont remember application for the pump. Might have been an astro van with hydro boost. Pumps are all pretty much the same in chevy truck world, just the can, and remote or attached reservoir. I did remote res so I can run a big one to deal with the big ram, and easier mounting.

As for mounting, all the bolt holes I used were up front, there are 4, I used 3. Brackets are all 1/4" no vibe at redline, so its mounted pretty securely. Lets see, one bolt off the top, you can see in the pics. 2 on the bottom. One of the bottom one is on the factory 2 hole bracket, thats the one closest to the motor. The other, is simple a flat piece from the other original hole in the factory toy bracket, extending to another bolt hole in the pump. Pulley is a 5 groove factory pulley, about 6" diameter. I think it ended up 46 or 47" long 4 groove belt. Just only goes in 4 of the 5.

I dont know if this explanation helped at all... But look at the pics, and read it, and it should eventually make sence... I just was not going to pay over 200 bones for a marginal pump at the stealer.

·
Registered
451 Posts
We're all having issues with yota pumps, and I've replaced junk yard yota pumps 5 times already and now I'm running a 60 w/ 37's........I read and understand the deal on the chevy pump, but can you make it work with the yota pulley........also, anyone have experience with waggy pump......and Brian do you have the specs on pressure for stock and for chevy? I'd be curious how much you gain for "a lil fab work" ;) Thanks all

--Enemy of the PS pump

·
Registered
147 Posts
BlingTaco said:
We're all having issues with yota pumps, and I've replaced junk yard yota pumps 5 times already and now I'm running a 60 w/ 37's........I read and understand the deal on the chevy pump, but can you make it work with the yota pulley........also, anyone have experience with waggy pump......and Brian do you have the specs on pressure for stock and for chevy? I'd be curious how much you gain for "a lil fab work" ;) Thanks all

--Enemy of the PS pump
Pressure, dont know, feels pretty much the same. I wanted more volume to run the 2" ram. Work with yota pully, I doubt it. The chevy is a press on, press off affair. Youll need a pulley puller, harbor freight actually has a decent one.

·
Registered
436 Posts
any idear if this can work on the 4 banger? i just got a pump from advance auto and in less than a month its already whining louder than the one i took off. i want something a lil stronger...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts