TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what can i do to a stock v6 in a 99 tacoma prerunner to make more power without going to the supercharger?

·
Registered
718 Posts
headers, exhaust, tune up, intake, and other things

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Cheapest and easiest thing to do is the deckplate mod....and from there it gets pretty expensive. Don't waste your money on a K&N intake, throttle body spacers, or any of that crap...it doesnt do anything. The only real bang for the buck is the supercharger.

·
Registered
718 Posts
YoTRacer158 said:
The only realy bang for the buck is the supercharger.
x2

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive got a k&n filter on it and i can tell alittle diffrence...i didnt know if anybody was runnin the venom 400 performance mod on there truck...it sounds good for 400 dollars

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Another thing you can look into if you dont go forced induction is the URD MAF sensor calibrator which will help tune for the other mods to make the most of them.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Those work on american vehicles that come from the factory with shitty programming, but dont do much for toyotas.

·
Registered
324 Posts
the airaid jr, kit is a great value, combined with deckplate, all for under $130 if you shop around. change all fluids to synthetic. or like most people say save the $1900 you might spend on all the other things that might net you 20 or so hp and get screwed!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i run all synthetic fluids...with platinum 4 plugs and aftermarket wires...k&n filter...but it still needs alittle more to me

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
They say they do but Toyota's have different computer systems. I dont know first hand, but everyone who has tried them that isn't selling them says they suck. I believe it from many lexus ECU stories I have read from people trying to add a piggy-back ecu on them. haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts