TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want some low profile lights for my roof.

I was looking at the Hella FF75, but they are only 55 watts.

All the dealers I spoke to have said that 100 watt bulbs will not work well in these lights.

Anyone know of any other lights that are not HID or extremely expensive?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Check out some of the Catz by FET....They do make a bad azz light.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Those Hella FF75 lights come with a H7 bulb. That bulb is extremely efficient for its wattage. I have the FF50 lights and replaced the stock H7 bulbs with some Philips Vision Plus +50% H7 bulbs and they put out a TON of light for their size. They outshined my Hella 500's with stock H3 bulbs and they are half the size.

Its tough to get a really bright small light because they don't handle heat well and their reflector can't handle the extra lumens that a high wattage bulb puts out. If you really want a high powered small light, you will have to get an HID version to get that kind of output.

Again though, I really think you will be suprised with the output of the FF75's with an upgraded bulb.

·
Registered
479 Posts
LouisvilleKY said:
Check out some of the Catz by FET....They do make a bad azz light.

BTW, FET Catz lights are going to really hard to find in the USA anymore. They kinda pulled out of the US market after the HID kits were made illegal. They don't even have a US website anymore. Just thought I would share.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hmmm...didn't know that. I would hit ebay for them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts