TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went over to the local 4wheelparts and picked up some powerslot rotors for my 05 tacoma at a very good price and got some hawk brake pads for free with my rotors, once i got home i installed them, took less than an hour.

my intial thoughts are they brake alot better than stock setup with my heavier tires/bumper , why i really got them was for all the hauling i do. the stock setup just wasnt cutting it, cant wait to see how they perform under a load

(sorry for the fuzzy pic)

·
Registered
639 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
cell4soul said:
I'm looking to upgrade my front brakes, so keep us posted on how they perform.
X2

·
Registered
203 Posts
You're going to get the biggest difference from the pads, the rotors don't make a huge difference, but the Hawks are great.

·
Registered
419 Posts
i might pick this one up...i run 35's and i have to stop way ahead. someone needs to make a rear disk brake conversion for the prerunners and 4x4, not just the x-runners.

·
Registered
93 Posts
can't you just use the rear disc brakes set up from the X-runner calipers and mounts.

·
Registered
419 Posts
im not sure. the site says X-RUNNER ONLY. so i think not. i think the only reason why it says x-runner only is because the wheels on the prerunner and the 4x4 tacos are smaller than the x-runners. maybe if you had 18 inch wheels you could probably do it?

·
Registered
415 Posts
I had the same situation with my 01 - 04 tacoma quad cab with 4 people in the truck and some crap in the box the front disks really did not cut it going down hills exc didnt feel I had enough stopping power. I bought slotted and drilled rotors with new ceramic pads and had the brake system flushed with new fluid and the difference was very impressive. Sure the slotted and drilled rotors will eat pads faster but you gain better stopping power and they look pretty sweet if you can see em.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts