TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a No-Slip locker? If so, please comment on how you like it, any problems you have had, and how many miles you have on it. I just put one in and was wondering what to expect. Thanks.

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
Coronaz said:
Anyone have a No-Slip locker? If so, please comment on how you like it, any problems you have had, and how many miles you have on it. I just put one in and was wondering what to expect. Thanks.
I gots one!

It has worked great for me. No noise, very little driveline clunk, and I can always count on it locking up and pushing me forward.
It has 5,000 miles on it, easily with not a single problem.

It has never caused me to fishtail in rain or on dirt roads. Haven't got to play with it in the snow/ice yet, but will get a chance soon.

If it works out line mine has, you will love it.

Jimmy, Charga71, has one also, and he's running 37s. I don't think he's had any problems either.

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
i had one and it busted right away.
my buddy has run one for a couple years(wheels the snot out of it)no problems,go figure.

·
Registered
360 Posts
install

DId you do the install yourself or did you have a shop do it? If you did it yourslef, how hard was it? If a shop did it, how much did it cost you?

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
I installed it, but wouldn't do that again without more tools. Reason being that I had to remove the ring gear to remove the center pin from the carrier; that was the only way to get the pin out.

I made index marks on the ring and carrier and for the pinion gear and housing to make sure everything lined back up, but it was still a risky venture without having a dial indicator to measure the runout of the ring gear.

If you know a gear guy that is willing to check the gear setup when you are done with the install, I would say go for it. I spent 4 hours, which is more time than most spend, but that's mainly because of all the headscratching, lack of a vise to hold the 3rd member while I worked, and the frequent, "Oh, sh-t, I hope this works."

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
There's no need for a gear guy when you install a lunchbox locker. If you can tie your shoe laces you can do it.

I've had a no-slip for a year now. I've wheeled the piss out of it and haven't had any real problems. It's starting to get noisy, so I might pull it apart and have a look. I'm not too concerned b/c I plan on ditching my toy rear end in the next 6 months or so.

·
I think I remember where Moab is?
1,227 Posts
Yeah Jimmy(Charga71) has had one in his truck for over two years now and has never had a problem with it. He also installed it himself when he did his 5.29's. He has run it with 33's, 35's and now with 37's and is holding up realy well. I clicks alittle but not bad.

What up Thomas.... Not to sure about the new format though, I really like the Delphi, I know I must have been the only one, but I just like looking at the topics and reading the threads all on the same page and knowing when someone has wrote back to you personally, and being able to jump to other TTORA state forums..... Anyway, we are planning a big snow run for the middle of January with a couple of other clubs too, I will keep you posted...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've got one in the rear and I've had it in for a little over two years now. Been down to Moab 3 times on it now. I twist drivelines before it even thinks of breaking...lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, the install was not that bad. The pin was a tight fit and i had to sand on it for about 30 min to get it to go in. I could not "test" it as the directions say to do by hand bacause it wouldn't let go. I just said to hell with it and took it for a drive. It popped once and then seemed to be working fine. Haven't had it offroad yet, but it really isn't that noticible in town driving. Gotta get that lift now and soon rims/tires. Ahhhhh, the addiction. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Coronaz said:
Actually, the install was not that bad. The pin was a tight fit and i had to sand on it for about 30 min to get it to go in. I could not "test" it as the directions say to do by hand bacause it wouldn't let go. I just said to hell with it and took it for a drive. It popped once and then seemed to be working fine. Haven't had it offroad yet, but it really isn't that noticible in town driving. Gotta get that lift now and soon rims/tires. Ahhhhh, the addiction. :banghead:
Make sure to change your diff fluid after the first ~500 miles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Coronaz said:

I've got one, had it a couple years, wheeled with it a bunch, zero problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts