TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a question to see what you guys think!!!
im over seas right now playing ARMY, and ill be home soon and buying another toyota.
my question is: what would you buy???
either an 04 dc taco or an 05 dc taco???
im going to get either one with trd off-road package im planning on lifting it with all the fun stuff.
also i love manuals but my wife doesnt like them.
should i just suffer and get an automatic???
thanks for the help, and please keep the flaming to a min.
-jon

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
its newbie tech and you are a soldier, so i wont flame ya much ;)

i would get an 04 (thats the old style right?) i like they way they are more than the new style, the new style is jsut too big, its ike a downsized tundra, if i wnated a tundra, i would buy the tundra

also, i dotn think you can get a double cab with a stick..... not sure on that though

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its newbie tech and you are a soldier, so i wont flame ya much ;)

i would get an 04 (thats the old style right?) i like they way they are more than the new style, the new style is jsut too big, its ike a downsized tundra, if i wnated a tundra, i would buy the tundra

also, i dotn think you can get a double cab with a stick..... not sure on that though
awesome thanks man,
yes the 04 are the old style, i like better also but the 04s in dc i havent seen in manual, but the 05 dc i have seen manuals
im so torn, what to do, what to do

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
go for an older model pre 05. If your gonna wheel it an auto makes things a little easy sometimes. The double cab dosent come factory with the 5 speed.
Keep reading and enjoy the truck when ya get it;)

·
Registered
483 Posts
i have an 05 dc auto, i love it,
im 6'4 and my 3 bros are too. weve taken trips in it and been comfy enough.
its got a 245 hp 4.0 which is nice, 6500 towing
thats my suggestion. just think for awhile and decide which look you like more. of course the o5 has more power an more room.
but the 04s are gangsta as well
thanks for your service
peace

·
Registered
35 Posts
why would we flame you?? that's the stupidest thing I ever heard!! I mean, what kind of idi...OH.:rolleyes:

Seriously though, much respect to ya soldier.

I have to agree, I've driven the new one (05 or 06?) and it feels more like a full size due to the high hoodline and wider track (?). The cab is slightly roomier, but not by enough to make a difference. If you have to deal with the hassle of a full size truck, you might as well get a Tundra and have the added benefit of a full size bed etc.

·
Registered
89 Posts
well, I don't think anyone on here can answer the question between auto vs. manual. because it sounds like that is based on keeping your wife happy ;) but hey, whatever keeps it "gangsta" right? :rolleyes:

pick the body style you like. they are so different that you better go with the one you like the best.

·
Registered
138 Posts
id go with the 04 over the newer ones any day. you cant get a DC in manual... but im sure you could find some one to help you with the swap.

Thank you sir for your service

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
God Bless!

First of all, thanks for protecting our homeland! I hope you are due to come home soon to your family.

I too would choose the '04 D-cab with the rear e-locker and you shouldn't worry about the auto-tranny, especially with the 3.4 liter powertrain. Now you'll have to replace the timingbelt at about 100,000 miles but if power is something you're considering, it's a great engine as long as you mantain it. But on the 3RZ (2.7) side, I'll never put that motor down either. I am just considering the extra weight of the D-Cab.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
IMO anyone who tells you that there isn't enough extra room in an 05-07 DC to make it worth it, hasn't owned one. Two large grown men can sit in the front and never rub shoulders in the new gen trucks. I have never had a problem with my e-locker diff either. To each his own.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I don't think there would be a problem with any of the e-lockers if they were just engaged from-time-to-time. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I don't think there would be a problem with any of the e-lockers if they were just engaged from-time-to-time. :rolleyes:
X2 Gonna beat mine up again next weekend. Let's see if it will hold up to a little more thrashing:xsmash:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would get a diesel hilux with a SFA and bring it back with you...
no kidding i wish i could, i have pics of them were i am and there bad ass, plus 3 out of every 10 vehicles is a dam fj40!!!!! in good shape no rust dents ect. id bring home like ten and sell 9 of them ha ha

First of all, thanks for protecting our homeland! I hope you are due to come home soon to your family.

thanks to everyone for supporting what the military is doing, we really are out helping others, if i could say were i am and what ive been doing would blow you all away!!!!!
thanks again

·
Registered
51 Posts
like everyone said thanks for the service, i am in the navy heading over there right now. And for anyone who says the people on the ground arent doing anything they are wrong. i have talked to so many service members who are glad for what they are doing over there. its just unfortunate that all the rebuilding doesnt get the same coverage as the IED's.

IMO i would go with the 04, the body style rocks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no kidding i wish i could, i have pics of them were i am and there bad ass, plus 3 out of every 10 vehicles is a dam fj40!!!!! in good shape no rust dents ect. id bring home like ten and sell 9 of them ha ha

thanks to everyone for supporting what the military is doing, we really are out helping others, if i could say were i am and what ive been doing would blow you all away!!!!!
thanks again
like everyone said thanks for the service, i am in the navy heading over there right now. And for anyone who says the people on the ground arent doing anything they are wrong. i have talked to so many service members who are glad for what they are doing over there. its just unfortunate that all the rebuilding doesnt get the same coverage as the IED's.

IMO i would go with the 04, the body style rocks.
no shit huh, all people see on the news is the bad stuff, what about all the good stuff like schools, roads, business, parks, etc were helping to build.

im leaning to the 04 also just gotta now decide what lift and parts i want now hahai love spending hard erned money on cool stuff!!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
no shit huh, all people see on the news is the bad stuff, what about all the good stuff like schools, roads, business, parks, etc were helping to build.

im leaning to the 04 also just gotta now decide what lift and parts i want now hahai love spending hard erned money on cool stuff!!!!!

well you being in the army you are used to shit being blunt, they dont print the stories of good things happening bc it doesnt sell. most people dont like the war and so the news papers cater to it and give them stuff to bitch about. i personally would like to read about how the infastructure is being built up, sewers are being built and water treatment plants. But in reality most dont want to hear it they would rather hear about blood shead. "If it bleeds it leads" that is what a wife of a guy i worked with said and she works for a newpaper.

yeah i know what you mean, after this tour i will be doing the same thing, truck, lift, tires....etc

1 - 20 of 24 Posts