TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to need to trim a small section of my grill to get the solenoid of the winch to sit on the bracket, properly. It is a chrome grill. Anybody done this or got an idea as to how to prevent the chrome from peeling after the cut has been finished. I am going to tape it off to attempt to prevent any extra peeling, but didn't know if there may be something more to do, that I am not able to find in other posts. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think i saw a post on this topic somewhere here or on custom tacos....anywho try using tape. Cut through the tape when you make your cuts to the grill.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
NewfieTaco said:
I think i saw a post on this topic somewhere here or on custom tacos....anywho try using tape. Cut through the tape when you make your cuts to the grill.
x2

after you make the cut wipe down the plastic grill to really clean well. After cleaning it spray with clear coat, that will help the cut edge from peeling back further. Will also help protect the rest of the chromed piece without a lot of future polishing

Oh and I might also suggest using a dremil for both the precision of the tool as well as the cut off wheel speed. that will help wih the flaking as well as the tape will.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts