TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some opinions if i could nicely fit 33x10.5s OR 33x12.5s on my prerunner equipped with 2.5" camburgs and uniball aarms fully cranked? how about with some fiberglass fenders?

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
yes...

if you dont mind a little rubbing

get a good alignment, beat your pinchweld with a bfh and have the right backspace on your rims and you can run them

i run 33x12.50x15 with 3.75" backspaced wheels with just 2-3" of coilover lift and only rub at full compression and full lock steering

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Greenrunner said:
thanx. thats what i thought i have the same backspacing. have u run 33x10.5s?? pros cons with the widier tires?
nope, ive never run a 33x10.50, only 31x10.50

you wont rub the pinchweld area as much with the 10.50

·
Registered
5 Posts
drabnor said:
yes...

if you dont mind a little rubbing

get a good alignment, beat your pinchweld with a bfh and have the right backspace on your rims and you can run them

i run 33x12.50x15 with 3.75" backspaced wheels with just 2-3" of coilover lift and only rub at full compression and full lock steering
how much lift you have in the rear? i have a 1.5" lift in rear and my coilovers are cranked to about 2.5"...think i can pull it off also (i have a 4x4)? also can i see some pics of your pinchweld area to see what youve done? thanks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
yea im getting 3" of lift and i want to get 33's but i dont know where that pinch weld mod is or what it is, all i know is you beat the crap out of it with a hammer or something.
pics would rule of something in more detail.
thanks

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
ocdp2000 said:
yea im getting 3" of lift and i want to get 33's but i dont know where that pinch weld mod is or what it is, all i know is you beat the crap out of it with a hammer or something.
pics would rule of something in more detail.
thanks
IMO 33" tires with 3" is a little too much tire for a 3"...i know couple people who still rub with 5" TM lifts 6"fabtech etc.... but that is only full flex...if you are gonna run 3"...you would be better off with 32" tires...save gas...don't need to think about regearing either...as much...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
04RedLobster
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing