TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i've got a prerunner of course and i was just wondering how your prerunners have done in the snow, have you had and trouble?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Snow driving is mostly about the person, you can't stop better in 4wheel drive it just helps take off from a light, a little with cornering, but not much. i still prefer 4wheeldrive, but i can drive our 2wd truck with a 100lbs. in the back just fine...as long as there are any big hills.:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
I found that a good set of chains will get you just about anywhere in the snow with a prerunner. I was in mammoth last year and had on some beefy chains and could go pretty much anywhere the other guys can go with 4x4. But seriously....just engage your locker and punch it at the green lights, thats your best way to start off :) Just kidding, but seriously, always have chains just in case.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I carry chains, and use them on occasion. Mine's done fine never had any problems, even with my full-time locker. I also have BFG M/T's which help a little bit on the fresh stuff but suck balls on ice. I was in Big Bear last weekend during the storm and never had a problem just keep chains with you and plan way ahead while driving on ice :2cents:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
When you say snow do you mean powder or something with debth? Or like packed snow roads? Varies a little.

Droppin your tire pressure also helps, but the others mostly have ti covered. I have to drive packed roads every once in a while. I also have studded tires, those help a little all around, but the way les-schwab studded them they dont work the best. But yeah they help. When I'm on snow packed road I just leave it locked (diff).

·
Registered
48 Posts
I drove mine in ice for the past few days and had no problems. Driving in snow/ice is mostly the driver, obviously if you get into some situations you'll need 4 wheel drive but a lot of it is knowing how to drive in bad weather.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a 91 2wd reg cab last winter and I drove it with three sand bags in the bed. Be easy on the gas and you should be fine. Like it was stated above, 4wd doesn't help you stop any better!

·
Registered
2 Posts
i gotta 2000 prerunner with a pair of wild country radial rvts and if i throw a few sand bags in the back i can, and have gone through over 2' deep no prob, even with 2wd!!!
it's all about how good you drive in the snow, but the ground clearance helps a ton!

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
props to you guys that can make a prerunner wheel...but in the snow?i dont think they can keep up with a 4X4 on the trail.maybe,..untill the first hill.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts