TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've run the Box Canyon trail several times but have never attempted the Coke Oven trail. Has anyone here tried the ovens with a prerunner? Are prerunners allowed on the organized trail runs during Azrocks?

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
I've run the Box Canyon trail several times but have never attempted the Coke Oven trail. Has anyone here tried the ovens with a prerunner? Are prerunners allowed on the organized trail runs during Azrocks?
We have typically tried to encourage the PreRunners to come out for AzRocks and ensure there are trails that a PreRunner can definitely make. I know of a couple of spots on the Coke Ovens that a PreRunner may have a problem, they would require careful spotting and/or use of the skinny pedal. In short, it's up to you and the trail leader to decide if you could/should run that trail.

·
Registered
676 Posts
i can get you through there. we can try the woodpeckers too if you want.:D
seen it done before so i know.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies, sounds like I should give it a try. Wartoy, after checking out your rig and bio I'm not sure I want to follow you anywhere. lol

·
Registered
676 Posts
Thanks for the replies, sounds like I should give it a try. Wartoy, after checking out your rig and bio I'm not sure I want to follow you anywhere. lol
bah!:dunno:

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
It's OK............he usually just hangs around camp anyway!!! :D

·
Registered
676 Posts
It's OK............he usually just hangs around camp anyway!!! :D
BAH! i'm taking it in steps. that was the first year. last year it saw the trail. maybe this year if i can make it, i'll do half the trail and so on...:flipoff2: :flipoff3:

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
i'm taking my handy dandy tow strap, so when your fancy machinery breaks down i'll be there to pull you out!:bitchslap
That's going to have to be a long ass strap to reach all the way back to your truck at camp! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts