TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 prerunner xtra cab.
2.5 Daystar Spacers in the front. and add a leaf in back. no trd.
I have 110,000 miles.
Original Coils and struts. Can i install new struts and ome coils perhaps 880's to provide 1 inch more lift in the front. I don't go off roading more than once every year can i do this? I just want 1 inch higer in the front for a nicer stance.
N.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Not to be anal, but stuts are on vehicles that the shock assmbly helps in vertical wheel alignment. Just say shocks. Not a big deal, everyone knows what your talkin about but it kinda bugs me lol.

I cant asnwer you real question but some people put tundra coils/shock on, I realls anyhow.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
your coils have probly sagged an inch, the shocks though they may be blown really do not "hold" the car up...that is the spring...so can you put new shocks in yes, wil it help no, will some new coils either factory, tundra, or oem give you back the inch you lost from sagging coils yes.

and Kyota-thanks, i get annoyed at that as well, i had struts on my old van though and that thing went off road more than 99% of the rigs here on ttora:D

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
lol Cool I'm not the only one.

Yeah my first car was a nissan 810, if I still had that thing it'd be my rally racer lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts