TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha everyone, so i currently have a 02 tacoma that has already been converted to a 4wd with an ifs. The reason for this post is because I am having a problem eoth my speed sensor. I'm assuming I have the right sensor and right gear but my speedometer and odometer is still not working. Can someone plz help me out?

·
Administrator
18,334 Posts
Check engine light? You should get a CEL and have transmission shifting errors if the sensor isn't sending the VSS signal. Best to hook up an OBDII reader and check live sensor readings to see what is going on.

·
Administrator
18,334 Posts
That is is exactly the code you should be getting if you have a problem with the speed sensor. Check to make sure the wiring is connected properly. Did you pinch a wire during the swap? If wiring looks good, use an OBDII scanner and check the freeze frame data and live data to see what is going on with your VSS signal. Test the new sensor to confirm it is working. If you still have the old sensor, try hooking that back up and testing live data to see if it sees that sensor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No before I did the extension for the sensor connector there was power going to the wires I was jusg guessing maybe the power and ground is wrong

1 - 9 of 9 Posts