TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything going on in this area around those dates. i will be heading out to visit my uncle for that week and would like to get out of town a little and see what the area has to offer wheeling wise.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tim- i might roll down from prescot to that race...is it 4wheel classes only or bikes too? hadnt though about dragging a bike out there as I'm going to the Calico thing 1st...I 've seen sirhk's post about wheeling out there, might have to hit him up...actually years ago on Thumpertalk.com i remember him leavinng cali...
Thanks
Mike
Oh and I'm definatly willing to trip out of prescott for a couple days or a day or whatever to see some of what you guys have to offer:D

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahhhh...raced the AZ hare scrambles a few years ago.. very fun very necesary to gear down!

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
I am going to try and make the Whiplash desert race being that I grew up in Dickenburg. I know all the trails back off of vulture mine rd, it was my stomping grounds as a kid. Many a crashed bike back there. I can also tell you it takes forever for an ambulance to get out there if you crash and burn... :D

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whiplash is on friday through sat night or sunday:D
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doing the poker run?

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dont need to start a new thread for this but is there anything really cool to see in north western AZ...?

I'm trying to figure out my route to prescott. might try to see some of the grand canyon so any pointers appreciated
Mike

·
Registered
572 Posts
Arizona north of I-40 and south of the the GC is pretty damn desolate and isolated. If you have the time, take old Route 66 from Kingman to Seligman. The Grand Canyon Caverns are off R66 - the tour is pretty cool.

The SkyWalk won't be open until March. It's still a neat area, but again it's way the hell off the beaten path.

http://www.grandcanyonskywalk.com/

Directions:

http://www.destinationgrandcanyon.com/map.html

From Seligman you can get to Prescott via Williamson Valley Rd. Take the east exit in Seligman, head south under the overpass, and go past the minimart, parallel the highway to the west for a short distance, then south to Prescott. It's a typical dirt road - graded occasionally, but usually a bit rougher in the winter.

Go to Mapquest and get directions from Seligman to Walnut Creek. Use the "avoid highways" and "shortest route" buttons, then add a stop from Walnut Creek to Prescott.

Mark

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome, I'll look into that one!
MIke

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hey Mark I'm actually doing Seligman to Oatman in a couple weeks. Planned on stopping by the caverns. Have you been from Peach Springs down Diamond Creek to the Colorado? Think I'm gonna do that as well.

On another note, did you see me on the 17 on Saturday? Were you down in PHX?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hey Seth!

Yeah I saw you, but didn't have time to get the window down to wave. We were down to pick up a "used" Labrador Retriever - found a 4 year old male that needed a good home. Big boy - gotta weigh over 85 Lbs.

I'd hoped to get back down to the river again this winter - haven't done it yet - don't see it happening any time soon either.

I've been down to the Colorado once to go fishing east of the haul out area. The trout fishing was OK with a fly rod - didn't dare wade out very far tho. The drive down the wash can be a real hoot - gotta watch out for the trucks hauling ass out with the rafts. Permits are required from Peach Springs.

Mark

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
seth_js said:
Hey Mark I'm actually doing Seligman to Oatman in a couple weeks. Planned on stopping by the caverns. Have you been from Peach Springs down Diamond Creek to the Colorado? Think I'm gonna do that as well.

On another note, did you see me on the 17 on Saturday? Were you down in PHX?

is oatman further north than seligman? i'd like to come down from somewhere and those caverns sound pretty cool.
Mike

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
adding it to my list of maybes.
thanks
Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
6 Participants
miguelitro
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing