TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to put manual hubs on my ' 04, can't press out the wheel hub with my press. Can't get a bite on the spindle so as to press on just the wheel hub. Brake backing plate is in the way and there really isn't any meat to get a hold of to block the spindle onto. This sucks as I'm doing it in my garage and no one in Naples is going to open Sunday. Any sugestions? :mad:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just read a bunch of post on pressing the wheel bering and hub out, and I'm going to cut of the backing plate like Dick said in one of the post. I'll be back

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
just read a bunch of post on pressing the wheel bering and hub out, and I'm going to cut of the backing plate like Dick said in one of the post. I'll be back
then you should have noticed in his posts that it takes a 50ton press to crack them suckers ;)
I'd say you're sol until Monday and find a machine shop.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was able to press the hub out by using an old rotor and some 4x4's to make a jig to press on the spindle to get the hub off. Of course it wasted the bearing with it, hope I can find a couple of bearings tomorow. Work is going to be pissed if not, oh well.still have to take apart the outer c v to get the new outer that is splined for the man hub onto the shaft. it's all good, I love this kind of shit

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
I was able to press the hub out by using an old rotor and some 4x4's to make a jig to press on the spindle to get the hub off. Of course it wasted the bearing with it, hope I can find a couple of bearings tomorow. Work is going to be pissed if not, oh well.still have to take apart the outer c v to get the new outer that is splined for the man hub onto the shaft. it's all good, I love this kind of shit
now you understand why it is so much easier to find a set of MH spindles in the first place ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, definitly. there arn't any good salvage yards down here in s w florida.
the closest one with any real invintory is about 100 mi away

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts