1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Just got through looking through all the pages... and I just want to puke. It is rediculous that there is someone so talented and patient at that to do all of that. It is absolutely amazing!!!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
It's funny that he is spending that much time (looks like 2-3years now) just so he can have scale body damage.

I'm going to build a scaler of my 83 pickup here soon. No where near the realism that some of those guys do.

·
7,735 Posts
looks cool. Making his own molds and working the alum was more interesting to me than the R/C stuff.

I'd love to pick it up and see how sturdy/delicate it is. The alum by itself is one thing, formed, then with all the bracing, backing panels, etc is another.

I'll say this tho... it sure would be nice working on a truck while inside sitting on a stool vs cold garage laying in metal shavings, grinding dust, grease, etc.

from my experience, 2-3 years for a build is normal (and I didn't even have to make my own pannels :confused: :rofl:

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is truly incredible here is the degree of accuracy in places that really don't need to be accurate. The inner fenders...the hood brace... even the floor boards are exact replicas of the real thing. I don't think his plastic model had the drip rail... so he made one from scratch. And it still looks perfect.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Here's mine just putting it all together took about 10 hours

here it is as it sits today

These little things are a blast

1 - 9 of 9 Posts