TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help appreciated from the mechanics here. 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan. Here's what they did: Ac Delco front pads/new front brake rotors/rear brake shoes/replaced rear Bendix wheel cylinders/ resurface rear rotors? (drums in rear)/ lube all slide pins & bleed. $556 parts & labor. Fair price? Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
587 Posts
agroal said:
Any help appreciated from the mechanics here. 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan. Here's what they did: Ac Delco front pads/new front brake rotors/rear brake shoes/replaced rear Bendix wheel cylinders/ resurface rear rotors? (drums in rear)/ lube all slide pins & bleed. $556 parts & labor. Fair price? Thanks for any advice.
Seems like a fair price as far as dealership pricing goes. But with that price you could of just bought another caravan :lmao:

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
why didn't you just take it to a brake shop... i took mine in to get stuff done on the taco and i paid less than that and i needed new caliper and rotor and a new rear assembly for the drivers side.... or you could have done it yourself and taken the rotors and drums somewhere to be turned. i think its brakes plus or something that its 99 bucks for a basic brake job and it goes from there

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Brakes are an item places use to charge you out the ass no matter the make, I had an idiot friend that took an old Sunfire into Midas and came out of there spending $700 for brakes!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
If it is easy as a tacoma to do the front brakes you could get them done in less than 2 hours (probably more like 45min to 1hour) for probably 80 bucks in parts if that.

·
Registered
773 Posts
If you had basic mechanical skills and a few hours you could've done that stuff yourself for about a 1/3rd of that price. Being on a single income has forced me to learn how to do this stuff on my vehicles.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Kyota said:
If it is easy as a tacoma to do the front brakes you could get them done in less than 2 hours (probably more like 45min to 1hour) for probably 80 bucks in parts if that.
I just did front brakes on my Tacoma last weekend;

Brembo Rotors - $40.00ea X 2 = $80.00
Set of Pad's - $55.00

Grand Total: $135

It took me about an hour to change out rotors, pads, lube slides, and fix my outer CV boot. My outer band broke on my passenger CV thanks to a tree limb in the middle of the road.. Talk about a mess!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts