TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this drive anyone else crazy anytime they send a PM? I can't stand seeing that popup everytime I go to send a message. Could we possibly get it turned off?

·
Registered
44 Posts
joe_mauma said:
Does this drive anyone else crazy anytime they send a PM? I can't stand seeing that popup everytime I go to send a message. Could we possibly get it turned off?
Are you referring to how it asks you if you would like a read receipt?

·
Registered
47 Posts
BigDaddyToy said:
Are you referring to how it asks you if you would like a read receipt?
Yes I think that is what he is referring to :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
joe_mauma said:
Go to your Control Panel

Go to Edit Options

De-select "Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up"

Might work, but I dunno if that will solve your problem... :confused:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Skitz said:
Go to your Control Panel

Go to Edit Options

De-select "Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up"

Might work, but I dunno if that will solve your problem... :confused:
That is just discontinue the popup indicating you have a PM...What he does not like to see is the box asking if you would like a return receipt after you send a PM :)

·
www.madmav.com
547 Posts
joe_mauma said:
I can only turn this off per usergroup basis. If all the ones in your user group (presidents) agree they dont like the message tracking, I can turn it off.

I though i would be able to do it for just you, however that was not the case when looking at the admin options.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maverick said:
I can only turn this off per usergroup basis. If all the ones in your user group (presidents) agree they dont like the message tracking, I can turn it off.

I though i would be able to do it for just you, however that was not the case when looking at the admin options.
So you're saying that just the presidents have the auto feature of this popup?

I don't want to make a fuss about it if it doesn't bother anyone else. I assumed it was gonna be a consensus complaint, but if it's only me that it's bugging then I'll put up with it. Just requires one extra click of the mouse.

Thanks!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nah, that crap bugged me too.

What also bugged me was I had two PMs sit in my inbox for days (one from Dec 7, and one from Dec 9) up until now because I had no idea I had even received a message! On other sites there is a pop up alert as soon as I log on to the messageboard, and on CT there is a little flashing envelope in the corner. I saw no notification so I had no idea there was a PM and potential deals on stuff sat unnoticed for days and both guys missed out. Then it bugged me because I received no notice for my PM but I had those weird pop ups asking about read receipts...

·
Registered
196 Posts
OK, I figured out how to enable pop up notifications of PMs, so nevermind about my complaint before. It was kind of annoying that the pop up notification wasn't the default setting because a couple deals were ruined because I didn't see their PMs, but its not that big of a deal anymore.

·
www.madmav.com
547 Posts
joe_mauma said:
So you're saying that just the presidents have the auto feature of this popup?

I don't want to make a fuss about it if it doesn't bother anyone else. I assumed it was gonna be a consensus complaint, but if it's only me that it's bugging then I'll put up with it. Just requires one extra click of the mouse.

Thanks!
No, If im not mistaken, everyone has the feature on, I can only disable it by usergroups though, instead of what i was hoping, a person to person option.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts